Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for April 2024!!!

A quick follow-up on the Giants' headspace issue. They've made it known they offered this year's first, second, and next year's first to go up and get Drake Maye. And they failed. When you're trying that hard to replace your QB, the team tends to lose whatever confidence it had in the QB. How do you start Daniel Jones after that? How do you even keep him on the roster after that? They let Barkley go and didn't even make him an offer, despite him being their best player and a team captain. That's just a team heading for trouble in 2024. I just can't see a way they're successful in 2024.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

ABC is doing the same as ESPN, talking about previous rounds so I tend to miss the current picks. I'm checking out Colts forums to keep up with the action, as some fans post updates. 

I don't recognize some players the Colts are selecting. Have to reaserch later.

@teganslaw @gardenman 

I had to use ESPN's Draft website they had a section listing the draft order round by round and had a tiny bit of info on the current pick since ESPN/ABC/NFLN had lousy coverage......I'll have to listen to GM Adam Peters/Dan Quinn's and drafted player Press Conferences on you tube and local DMV podcasts of John Keim, Nicki, and Rick to really learn about our picks......as well as Mark Schlereth for a league view....I'll  get my popcorn ready 

Can Cats Eat Popcorn? Read This Before You Give Them a Bite

Glad there's not much I like to watch on TV anymore and Spurs are done too... so I have time for all these podcasts and such.....Oh I might watch a movie on TCM, Hallmark, AMC...or an old sitcom rerun, or gameshow network.....But I don't have extra movie channels nor Netflix or Hulu ...Broadcast TV is lame....I primarily use it to watch my local news/ weather/sports...And of course when in season that's when I watch all the NFL stuff all channels, NFLN, Spurs.....etc

Sadly, my friends and I don't go to the movies like we used to...just not many that interest us.....what has happened to entertainment these days...Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

A quick follow-up on the Giants' headspace issue. They've made it known they offered this year's first, second, and next year's first to go up and get Drake Maye. And they failed. When you're trying that hard to replace your QB, the team tends to lose whatever confidence it had in the QB. How do you start Daniel Jones after that? How do you even keep him on the roster after that? They let Barkley go and didn't even make him an offer, despite him being their best player and a team captain. That's just a team heading for trouble in 2024. I just can't see a way they're successful in 2024.

@gardenman 

The Giant's front office and ownership is making some very bad decisions.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

Yeah. You get the vibe they're not trying that hard to be good in 2024. I'm not sure things look better for them in 2025 either. There's just not a lot there to build around. What's their foundation? Not quarterback. They don't have a great defense or offensive line. Their receivers are eh, okay. They have Achilles-eating turf that will likely take out a few of their players again. There's just not much there.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

NFL website graded the Colts draft A+. They also gave the Eagles A+, Commanders and Ravens both A's. 

Now comes the signing of the UDFA. The Colts have quite a few of them, too many to name them all.

Overall, I  think the Colts did a good job in the draft. It will be interesting to see how it all works out this season. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

OH we got the good looking QB Sam Hartman from Notre Dame ...$245,000 guaranteed 

Notre Dame Football | How Sam Hartman deals with NC State fans 😂😂  #scoreboard #notredame #collegefootball | Instagram

Honored Contributor

Former NFL fastest man John Ross got an invite to the Eagles' rookie tryout. He's been around the league quite a bit since getting drafted by the Bengals in 2017. He's never reached a level anyone expected. He still wants to play, so the Eagles are giving him a chance.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Former USC RB Austin Jones is signing with Washington. A reunion with Kliff Kingsbury.

Honored Contributor

Mekhi Becton, former Jets first-round draft pick at tackle, is signing a one-year deal to be a backup in Philly. About $5.5 million. Jeff Stoutland reportedly recruited him to come to Philly and will be coaching him up. He's still just 25, so he's got some tread left on the tires.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman @teganslaw @PARedbird @LavernLuvsShoes 

THIS IS HILARIOUS .....

THE AUTHOR OF THIS TWEET SAYS IT'S A SERIOUS CONCERN....

"Signing Sam Hartman is a terrible decision. He’s gonna be a distraction in the QB room. The minute Jayden Daniels has a bad game, all the women at the stadium will be chanting “Sam! Sam! Sam!”"

OTHER COMMENTS:

All the Cougars are already chanting Sam! Sam! On here the last 24 hours plus a few other non-descript things

The Washington women's hearts are melting over Hartman. It's wild. I saw similar with Raider fans here in Vegas with Jimmy G.

Jimmy G East

He looks like gardner minshew using a handsome snapchat filter

We have a GQ model for a qb

This man could make more than the NFL just being a model what the hell

$225,000 is a small price to pay to be able to put that face on all of your team billboards and promotions....they'll make it up in jersey sales...

Notre dame beat Jayden with Hartman at qb