Esteemed Contributor

Re: How's Your Baseball Team Doing

The Nats just played a new type of MLB, called the absurd version. 

Matt Williams has got to go.  And why not go ahead and get rid of Rizzo while we're at it.  As far as I can see, no chance of making the playoffs.  I now officially have better things to do than watch every game (which I had been doing). 

Williams' ineptitude will be national news.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

METS- TWO THUMBS UP!!!!   This is the first year in about 20 that I haven't been afraid to watch them. GO FLORES!!!!!

Honored Contributor

My Phillies have been on a hot streak since the All Star break.  One more win or a Marlins loss and we are tied for last place in the league instead of having it all to ourselves. 

Progress!!!!!  

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

METS- TWO THUMBS UP!!!!   This is the first year in about 20 that I haven't been afraid to watch them. GO FLORES!!!!!

I'm crazy over the moon about my Mets!  But being the long suffering Met fan I am I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop! I 'm just going to enjoy it for today!

Respected Contributor

We beat the Royals 2 out of 3 !!  Bypassed the White Sox for 3rd in the Central and we are only 4 games out of WC!!  Come on Miggy, heal fast!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Esteemed Contributor

@violann:  Ya gotta love the Wilmer story.  From boos to ovations (I say the guy is MLB's answer to Brett Favre; they both cry for the love of "the game").  Watch out, though - Nats may make a comeback!

@violann wrote:

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

Never mind.  I seriously doubt the Nats will make a "comeback".  The spirit of the bullpen (and the team in general) has been crushed by management.  Too bad.  Matt Williams would be better suited as a librarian/archivist, the way he "saves" his players - from what?  Victory???

Cogito ergo sum
Regular Contributor

My Mets are doing great!  I keep hoping this continues and they get into the playoffs.  As of this morning they are 2 games up in first place.  Who would have thunk??  Thank you, Sandy Alderson, for finally making some moves!Woman LOL

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Honored Contributor

Yeah, Mets!

Honored Contributor

I'm so happy for the Mets and their fans! 

My Yankees?  They are now in 2nd place.  Their offense is no where to be found.  I think I may have to make a trip to the Bronx and "discuss" this with them. Smiley Wink Smiley Tongue  I am not a happy Yankette!! 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.