Honored Contributor

How's Your Baseball Team Doing

I still can't believe there is no sports forum so I'm posting here. I started this thread way back but since the change it got lost somewhere! I'm a long suffering Mets fan. I'm happy my team is only 2 games out of first place behind the Nationals. Finally the Wilpons are making some moves to improve the team. Granted these aren't blockbuster moves but with the trade deadline coming on Friday, who knows!

Honored Contributor

Re: How's Your Baseball Team Doing

My Yankees are doing well. My Nats are going to choke again in the playoff because they have a stupid manager.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Hi fans, Smiley Happy

Yankees are doing well, so far.   They are doing FAR BETTER than I ever thought they would this year.

We'll see what happens down the stretch.

I wish there was a sports forum, too. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Valued Contributor

I was born & raised & lived 38 years in a small town outside Kansas City. So, through the good times and the bad-Go ROYALS!!! Also root for Houston Astros as we been in Texas the last 17 years.
Respected Contributor

My team is so underachieving this year it is not even funny.  Yes, I am a die-hard Tigers fan, 12.5 games out of first, 4.5 out of wild card!!  Yes, Verlander was out for the first two months, and now Cabrera is out (three more weeks, total of eight).  But COME ON!!!  We were supposed to be Central division champs and we are not even sniffing it right now!

We have NO BULLPEN and WE STINK!!!!  Oh, and the Royals CANNOT LOSE!!

If the Lions do better than the Tigers this season, we better all get our affairs in order!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

I still can't believe there is no sports forum so I'm posting here. I started this thread way back but since the change it got lost somewhere! I'm a long suffering Mets fan. I'm happy my team is only 2 games out of first place behind the Nationals. Finally the Wilpons are making some moves to improve the team. Granted these aren't blockbuster moves but with the trade deadline coming on Friday, who knows!

Mets fan here-and yes, long suffering too!  

I was at last Saturday's game and it was A-MAYS-ING!!!  Woman LOL I've been out of the loop for a year or two (my Dad passed away last fall) and it was great to be back at Citifield.  My Dad really liked Lucas Duda- I think he got a kick out of saying the name more than anything else. Lucas had 2 hr's  [for my Dad! Heart] - Matt Harvey pitched great and even had 2 rbi's himself!

Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

My Yankees are doing well. My Nats are going to choke again in the playoff because they have a stupid manager.

Yes, yes, and yes!!!  Williams should have been gone last year.  I dare him to put on a wig (ala Werth or Johnny Damon back in the day), grow a shaggy beard, and heck!  Have a cigar and get tough and quit giving excuses that don't cut it.  His pitching decisions drive me up the wall.

However, @Jordan2, your Mets just picked up the boy we kissed good-bye to this year (unfortunately) - Tyler Clippard.  All may not be lost for you but go Nats!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Phillies just had their highlight of the season over the weekend (Sorry Cubs) before we traded him away because we just don't allow quality players on our team anymore and Hamels has suffered long enough in our uniform.  

Apparently the Sixers's record losses this past season wasn't enough for this city so the Phillies are going to rival them with one of their own.  So proud.  Smiley Sad    

Honored Contributor

I'm happy just for today! My NY Mets are tied for first place with the Nationals after sweeping them this weekend!

Respected Contributor

My Texas Rangers are staying just around .500 which is better than anyone expected.  Star pitcher, Darvish, out for the year and #2 pitcher out too.  Two more starting pitchers just came back.  Not out of the WC race yet but I don't think anyone is holding their breath on that one.  Maybe Hamels can make it happen.