Honored Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2017 season, all are welcome!

@jbinrwc   well, our boys did not sweep.   It was fun "watching" with you. 

Next series is against the Jays.  Let's start the winning again, boys. Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

oh my......thank goodness we were able to stop a  yankees sweep and pull out a win today. we dont need to be in NY anytime soon again. LOL lets get back on track Os! tied for first after the first month and headed to boston to begin the month of may.

that NATS game sounded like a football score rather than a baseball score!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Go Nads!  Only they weren't hitting balls, just strikes!

It was nice to get a peek at Thor.

@sunshine45 wrote:

oh my......thank goodness we were able to stop a  yankees sweep and pull out a win today. we dont need to be in NY anytime soon again. LOL lets get back on track Os! tied for first after the first month and headed to boston to begin the month of may.

that NATS game sounded like a football score rather than a baseball score!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

@Sweetbay magnolia  hi, welcome. Smiley Happy

Yankees start a series with the Jays tonight.  Severino and Estrada are on the mound. Let's get back to winning, boys!

Yankees are tied for 1st place with the Os.

Soxettes, we miss you here. Smiley Happy  Check in.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

I confess, I couldn't stay awake for the entire Sox/Cubs game last night. But I just loved how they had both WS trophies at Fenway and how ESPN described it as a mutual admiration. I agree, I feel a kinship with Cubs fans. ESPN Sunday night games are just so long...😴

Red Sox did win last night, no score so far vs Orioles. Bad blood said to be over. I'm trying to watch DWTS too. Sox bats better come to life sometime soon or it will be one really loooong tough sad season.

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Honored Contributor

Hi @Greeneyedlady21  happy to see you here. Smiley Happy

I did not see the entire game either. I caught bits and parts of all the games over the weekend. 

What a lovely way to describe the kinship between Cubs fans and Sox fans......mutual admiration.   I like that.

I'm glad the bad blood seems to be over between the teams.  It was pretty intense.

Hope you are doing well. Smiley Happy

Good luck to your team and @sunshine45's team this series. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

we have a tough upcoming schedule......17 games in 17 days.

my Os started it off the right way though......finally out of NY and had a good game tonight against the red sox. back into first place for the first of may!

waving hello to all of the baseball fans!

oriolebird1.gif

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 congrats on the win. Smiley Happy

Yankees lost to the Jays, 7-1. UGH! 

Honored Contributor

Smiley MadSmiley Sad

Baltimore Orioles All-Star center fielder Adam Jones was berated by racist taunts at Fenway Park while a bag of peanuts was thrown at him Monday night, calling it one of the worst cases of fan abuse he has heard in his career.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2017/05/01/orioles-adam-jones-berated-racist-taunts-fenway...

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 I'm completely disgusted by that, so embarrassing and beyond unacceptable. Please don't think we are all like that. If I had been there I would have confronted those people, even though it's not a good idea to confront them-likely drunk but of course drunk is no excuse and drunk is still racist.

The mayor has made his comments and said Boston is better than that. We better be. Just appalling.

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"