Honored Contributor

Baseball Talk 2017 season, all are welcome!

Sunday is Opening Day for some teams.  The remaining teams open their season on Monday. I love Opening Day. There is hope and promise for every team!!

Let's enjoy the season together.  Post about your favorite team and their season.  Join in as much or little as you would like.

All are welcome.  Thank you for being respectful of  posters' comments regarding their teams. 

Here is to a fun, competitive, injury free season and playing in October. *shaking hands*

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Re: Baseball Talk 2017 season, all are welcome!

Hi Yankettes! 

After a long winter, we will be together again for another season of our pinstriped boys!

The Yankees are playing the Rays in Florida.

Pitchers are Tanaka and Archer.

Game is at 1:00 on YES and ESPN for out of market viewers.

Let's go Yankees!!

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Good luck to everyone's teams!!

See ya tomorrow. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Thought I pass along that the Phillies lost a player/coach of their team - Ruben Amaro, Sr..  I am sure the Phillies will have a nice memorial for him during the year.

Now lets hope the weather warms up a bit for opening day. It doesn't seem like baseball weather. But many years we bundled up for the April games. And laughed about it in July and August .

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla  I'm sure the Phillies will honor their player/coach...maybe a patch on their jersey?   MLB usually waits for the home opener to do stuff like that.   I'm sure it will be on the mind of the staff and players.   Heavy hearts. Smiley Sad

Welcome. Smiley Happy   Looking forward to hearing about how the Phillies do this year.  Join in anytime. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Image result for mlb opening day should be holiday

Honored Contributor

Die-hard CARDINAL fan here.......  So thrilled that tonight is our opening game with the Cubs.  Know it will be a tough one.  Think they will try to spoof our boys, but our boys are strong.  And remember, we have Molina......

Will be starting the Cardinal thread on Community....as this is always where it has always been.  Hope the Mods go along with it and don't move it. 

Good luck and have fun this year. 

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe  enjoy the game. I hope you feel up to your game thread. Smiley Happy   Forgot to say earlier....Matt Holiday is with the Yankees now. I'm not sure if it was his choice to leave the Cards or not????  He will be the DH, as far as I know.

Honored Contributor

thanks @dmod nj for starting the annual baseball thread and hello to all of the baseball fans.....

wow 2017......good luck to everyones teams, but especially to my Os!!!!!!! Smiley Wink

not so sure the orioles had a good off season with trades and acquisitions, but early in the season there is always HOPE!

lets play ball!!!!!!!

orioles.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

@ShowMe  enjoy the game. I hope you feel up to your game thread. Smiley Happy   Forgot to say earlier....Matt Holiday is with the Yankees now. I'm not sure if it was his choice to leave the Cards or not????  He will be the DH, as far as I know.

Thanks dear......I will be taking a nap this afternoon.  Just wouldn't miss this game for anything.

Was sorry when Matt Holiday went to join the Yankees.  We will miss him this year.  You all are lucky.  Am sure he will do you all well this year.  Will be checking to see if ESPN will be showing your game here this afternoon.  Not long now for your fun to begin.  GOOD LUCK!!!!!