Esteemed Contributor

Re: 2021/2022 NHL season, scores, news, information, all are welcome!

@dmod nj 

Thank you for the link. Some people today are plain nuts. It's a shame when things like this happen. I hope they prosecute this nut to the maximum.

Last nights game!  I saw very little wrong with how the Rangers played. What other game in these playoffs has Igor had to make only 3 saves in a period, and less than 30 in a game.

The team played as hard as they could and they did not get stymied in the neutral zone, because they played their normal game. Speed/dump and chase and win board battles. Even their faceoff % was better than most all of the previous games.

There is not 1 thing, or player, I will criticize for the loss of this game. Some games they just weren't there, but this was not 1 of them. Hockey is a strange game, unlike other team sports. A game in hockey can be won by scores in succession, in under 10 seconds. Other sports, I'm listening!!

They play the same game tomorrow and they can win the game. Records mean very little to me, never have. I don't care if the opponent has won every home game in their season, each game is just that, 1 game. Record or no record.

GO get'em boys! 

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn  John, I had three different things going on during the game.  I thought they played well when I was able to pay attention.   I did go back and watch the post game. Their numbers were good, especially as you posted, their face off numbers. 

So, tonight's game will get my full attention.  Our company has left.  

Rangers are in Tampa for Game 6.   For them, it's win or go golfing the rest of the summer. 

Okay fans, we need you tonight to cheer your hearts out for my boys!!  

Andy Teasdall on Twitter: "Let's go Rangers! http://t.co/TgLoY1kxvA" /  Twitter

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

Igor has been FANFREAKINTASTIC tonight. The rest of them look tired and sluggish, imo. Kaapo out.  Strome playing but hurt. 

Stamkos scores for the Bolts.   They lead 1-0. 

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Trusted Contributor

Just a quick update:

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FlyersGirl  who would you prefer? 

Frankie, I always shoot the puck, Vetrano scores and 21 seconds later, Bolts score and are ahead by 1 again. 

Trusted Contributor

@dmod nj @hckynutjohn @nyc1 Hold your heads high. The Rangers had a great season. So sorry that they did not go all the way for you. ❤

@dmod nj Lol. I don't even care at this point. I just wish they would make a decision. 😁

Honored Contributor

Congrats to the Bolts. They are moving on to the SC Finals vs the Avs. 

I'm happy for Maroon and Mac. 

@FlyersGirl thanks for your kind words. Smiley Happy   

To see Mika and Chris with tears in their eyes...........Smiley Sad 

They played 20 games in 40 days.  They looked like they ran out of gas.   They were not expected to go this far into the playoffs this soon.  I am so proud of my boys.  They played well, grew and matured, and got playoff experience to build on for  next year. 

I do hope Turk explains his thinking in not playing Kaapo tonight.  Unless he is hurt...........why?    He was short and abrupt with the question, twice tonight.    Not like himself.   

Thank you all for rooting with us!! 

So, who are your rooting for in the SC Finals?  I'm rooting for the Lightining.    

Valued Contributor

@nyc1 , @hckynutjohn , @dmod nj ....Congratulations to all you diehard Rangers fans on a great season.  Your younng and talented guys gave you not only a lot of excitement and happiness this year but plenty of reason to believe that there will be a cup or two in the near future.

@redhead handbag queen , @FlyersGirl , and all the other hockey people I have met through this thread this season....Thank you for making being a hockey fan even better 

with your discussion, opinions and humor.  

Discovering this thread was certainly an unexpected gift and pleasure.  I hope that all of you guys enjoy the finals (come on, Lightning.) and have a healthy, peaceful and enjoyable summer.  I will hopefully meet you at center ice for the opening face-off next season!  Hockey people are the absolute best.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@781Florist  thank you of joining in this year. Thank you for the kind words.   I'm planning on starting a new thread for next season! I'll be in your neck of the woods over the summer to visit with my son and his gf. I'll wave to you!   I'm the one with the Rangers and Yankees stickers on my car. Smiley Wink 

Post game interviews: 

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/video/061122-postgame-fox-and-trouba/t-277437422/c-11945720

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/video/061122-postgame-zibanejad/t-277437422/c-11945718

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/video/061122-postgame-coach-gallant/t-277437422/c-11945621

Handshake line: 

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/video/lightning-rangers-shake-hands/t-277437422/c-11945229

Well, the SC Finals start on  Wednesday, ABC, 8:00 eastern. 

https://www.nhl.com/news/2022-stanley-cup-final-schedule/c-325473296?tid=334128040

I'm rooting for the Bolts! 

As I think of things about the Rangers, or read things about the run this year, I'll post them. I always use quotes for someone else's thoughts. 

I'm sad their amazing, unexpected run is over. 

I'm grateful they took me on this roller coaster ride of emotions this year. 

I enjoyed their mottos this year....why not us and no quit in NY. 

Kreider had a season of seasons.......50+ goals, co-leadership of the team with Mika, his play in front of the net was amazing! 

The additions at the trade deadline were spot on. TY Drury! 

Turk was the right coach, at the right time, for these players. 

The Kid Line made watching them play FUN!  Oh, to be that young again. lol 

I'm optimistic about their future.   I think this year is like the first rung of the ladder to the SC.   They cleared the first rung. Their experiences will help them next year. 

Hank's tweet: "What a season by @NYRangers

Throughout the ups and downs they always found a way. It was impressive to watch. It was not enough for the ultimate prize but a big congrats to the entire team and staff/management for a remarkable year."

Esteemed Contributor

Made my feelings known here several times about the Colorado fans. 

However, after watching so many plays by Tampa, that I consider blatant attempt to injure, plays by several different players!  

That leaves me with no choice for a real favorite in the Cup Finals. Will DVR as usual, and probably FF to use less time watching. 

I quit watching last season because of the cancellation of 2 games. Those were prior to the Playoffs.

Cancelled over a fake story about Bubba Wallace's(Nascar Cup driver) fake story about seeing a hangman's noose put on his Daytona Speedway Garage Door. Phony because that knot had been on that same door the 2 years prior.

Hockey gets into politics like the other Professional league Sports?  Will do the same, which is quit watching the NHL.

Lots of Division I College games I can DVR.

Hockey has been a big part of my life for over 75 years. As a player/a Referee for 30 years, and running my own Adult Hockey League for 52 years. It, along with just ice skating, are still my passions, but!  I cannot root for any team with players that use deliberate attempts to injure,, as seemingly a regular part of their game.

The Pens and Hurricanes had no such players. The Lightning, on the other hand has several. I didn't put up with it in my Adult League, nor in any game I refereed, and will stay consistent with my beliefs.

Congrats to all the Ranger players and staff for a great season. As I said at the start of the Cup games! The Rangers are not quite there yet. Next season, hopefully they will be.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)