Esteemed Contributor

Re: 2014-2015 hockey season....SPOILERS...scores/game results.....

On 10/22/2014 hckynut said:
On 10/22/2014 sfnative said:

I am no ice hockey expert, but do like teh fast action and physicality of the game and what it takes to be a player.

Have noticed quite a few Rangers fans, so I've got to put my two cents worth in for the Sharks.

Now that we live in Portland, I do hope that one day we get a pro team. Now THAT would be outstanding!

Hi sfnative,

We had an AHL team here for only 2 seasons(American Hockey League). This is the league where players are called up to the BIG teams when players are injured or just want to shake up a team. About 80+% of the players that played or our team during those 2 years are now NHL players, and one of them is the Captain of the Calgary Flames right now. My wife has an autographed jersey that my doctor friend(who was the team doctor)had him sign for her.

I am saying this because when we had this team here there was a team from Portland that was in the AHL also. The years we had the team Portland was always at the very bottom of the standings, and our team won the leauge 1 of those 2 years. Even with that team of ours I don't think they won even 1 game against Portland. Hockey is a strange game and that is why I love it and live it, and have since I was about 6 years old.

If you have or get an AHL team in Portland, support them, as most of those players are just a notch away from being as good enough to play in the NHL.

Nice seeing you here and enjoy the hockey games. If you have any questions? Can answer many of them because of my background in about every aspect of this game. Nobody can answer them all, but if you have any feel free to ask me and I will sure try to answer with words you can understand.

John,

Thanks for the kind reply. Actually, I just learned that we do have an AHL team here and that we've got a bunch of rapid fans with many sell-outs. I've now got to check into their schedule and purchase some tickets.

I have previous experience playing field hockey and soccer and am rapid about ice hockey when the Olympics come around, so can get my brain around most of the rules, the exception being the offsides rule. Have never agreed with that rule, nor with the interference rule in football. I figure if the player is good enough to move the play/puck/ball there shouldn't be a penalty to negate his/her move.

Thanks, again, for suggesting the AHL teams. This will surely get us through the winter nicely!

Rebecca

Honored Contributor

Hi all,

Rangers lost last night. Smiley Sad Frustrating to watch!

How did your hockey team do?

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Occasional Contributor

Our team is doing terrific---we beat your Rangers last night--I am from Montreal, Canada and a longtime hockey fan--love the Canadiens----so last night was a great game in our house; of course my husband sticks up for "anybody except the Canadiens" so you can imagine the noise around here.......but it makes a long cold winter much easier to get through!{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Honored Contributor

Hi hey jude, The Canadiens played well in that game. For whom does your husband root? Another Canadian team? I can only imagine the fun and noise in your home. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Rangers play the Wild tonight. I watched some of their practice today. It was streamed on their website. They looked great in practice. Let's hope that translates for game time .

Good luck to everyone's teams tonight. Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

We lost to Pittsburg Saturday night. Play the Oilers Wednesday night!

Good Luck to the Rangers!!!!

Hey, Hey-jude!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

What a wild (no pun intended) game, especially the 3rd. Rangers come back and win it.

OMG, Rangers down playing undisciplined hockey. Two players given game misconducts and crazy play.

In the third, they come back to win it. Duke and Zucc tie it and win it with their goals.

It was not pretty nor what you want every game, but it was a W! I'll take it.

Preds, I saw part of that game. Smiley Sad Good luck on Wednesday.

Honored Contributor

On 10/27/2014 dmod nj said:

Hi everyone,

What a wild (no pun intended) game, especially the 3rd. Rangers come back and win it.

OMG, Rangers down playing undisciplined hockey. Two players given game misconducts and crazy play.

In the third, they come back to win it. Duke and Zucc tie it and win it with their goals.

It was not pretty nor what you want every game, but it was a W! I'll take it.

Preds, I saw part of that game. Smiley Sad Good luck on Wednesday.

Hi Donna,

Both of those calls were ridiculous, want to used stronger words, but? And now with Moore getting a Match Penalty who knows how many games he will miss.

The penalty on Krieder was a bull @&*@ call. Anyone that knows and has played the game of hockey, and this guy on the Wild they said was a rookie, can easily tell why that call was bs. First off he was standing there waiting for the puck to come around the boards to him(BIG mistake #1) and he knew Krieder was coming full speed ahead. He very easily could have played this puck(BIG mistake #2) without facing the boards.

To top it off Kreider mroe pushed him than hit him with his body, and he was on the front side of the goal line, hardly within the 3' the NHL says is the "critical zone". The only call I could see on that play was a 2 minute minor for "Interference", as he did not let this guy play the puck before pushing him. Ridiculous bs call. Now if you really want to know how I feel?

I've looked at the hit by John Moore over several times(frame by frame and slow-mo) if anything hit that Wild player in the head it was the helmet of Moore and that was because the Wild player was leading head first going in. These types of calls are supposed to be for "blind hits" and if this guy did not see Moore coming? He doesn't belong in the NHL or even the AHL if his peripheral vision is that bad. Can't imaging him being a Ref if his peripheral vision is that bad. That is all I have to say, well not really, about those 2 Game and Match Major Penalty calls.

Gotta go. May add to this tomorrow. The guys showed up in the 3rd and good for them.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Preds beat the Oilers 4-1!!!!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Another come from behind win!!! Beat the Caps. I like what I see this season so far

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

On 10/30/2014 redwingsgal said:

Another come from behind win!!! Beat the Caps. I like what I see this season so far

That explains why our friend was so chipper this morning. Go Red Wings!