Honored Contributor

Week Four of the NFL Regular Season!!!

After this week we'll be almost a quarter of the way through the NFL regular season. It's going fast!

Game one this week is Baltimore at Pittsburgh. Ben Roethlisberger is out, so I'll take Baltimore. Mike Vick could guide the Steelers to a win, but he just hasn't looked right in the last couple of years. I'm not sure what's going on with him, but he's not the same QB he was.

Game two is the Jets at Miami (assuming Miami is in England.) This is an early morning game (9:30 AM ET) which means my day of watching football just got three hours longer. Yea! Now, who will win? I have no idea. The Dolphins are the more talented team, but they're playing badly. Will talent beat out good play? I'll take Miami, I guess.

Houston goes to Atlanta. Atlanta's playing good and despite JJ Watt the Texans are not playing well. I'll take the Falcons.

The Giants go to Buffalo. The Giants finally found a team they could beat last week and they could beat Buffalo, but I'm taking Buffalo in this one. I think that Bills quarterback will annoy the Giants defense into submission with his runs.

Oakland goes to Chicago. Assuming Chicago hasn't traded the whole team away by game time (which may be assuming a lot) and assuming Oakland shows up, I'll take Oakland to win this one. The Bears seem to be having a "We're not going to win, so why are we paying these bozos?" sale where they're unloading players left and right. That's generally not good for team morale.

KC goes to Cincinnati. I was expecting a lot more out of KC this year but they're a bit disappointing so far. AJ Green will help the Bengals win this one.

Jacksonville goes to Indy. This should be a rout for the Colts, but Luck's been out with a sore shoulder, and the Colts haven't looked all that good when healthy. Will the Colts come out breathing fire and playing hard, or will the Jags? I've got a bad feeling about this game. Someone will win, but I don't know who. I guess I'll pick the Colts, but an upset here wouldn't surprise me at all.

Carolina goes to Tampa Bay. I'll take Carolina in this one. Cam Newton pretty much is the Carolina Panthers offense at this time, but he's been enough and Tampa is still a few years away from being good. I'll take Carolina.

Philadelphia goes to Washington. (Joaquin permitting. We may be moved/canceled due to a hurricane.) The Eagles' defense is playing very, very well and the offense has shown flashes. I think there's something physically wrong with Bradford (bad finger, ankle, etc.) that should be getting better now that we're four weeks into the season  (He did have the x-ray on his ankle after that first game and he hasn't been stepping into his throws, so I'm thinking there may be a lingering issues with that ankle.) I'm expecting to see more of the preseason Bradford in the coming weeks and less of the inaccurate, unsteady Bradford. I'll take the Eagles in this one, but NFC East games are usually a dogfight.

Cleveland goes to San Diego. I'll take San Diego.

Saint Louis goes to Arizona. Arizona may just be the best NFC team this year. I'll take the Cards.

Minnesota goes to Denver. This could be a good game. I guess I'll take Denver since they're playing at home.

Green Bay goes to San Francisco. Barring an earthquake rattling the Packers, they should win this one pretty easily. Aaron Rodgers is just too good of a player.

Dallas (or what's left of them) goes to New Orleans. Drew Brees is supposed to be back from his shoulder injury. I'll take the Saints in this one.

Detroit goes to Seattle. I'm guessing we won't have to stay up late Monday night to know how this one will end. I'm taking Seattle big over Detroit.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Week Four of the NFL Regular Season!!!

i am so hoping that my team does well tonight.......we NEED a good win! big rivalry between these two teams!

#ravensnation

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i am so hoping that my team does well tonight.......we NEED a good win! big rivalry between these two teams!

#ravensnation

Well, Baltimore got the win, but I wouldn't say they played well. The Steelers just played worse. I'm betting neither team is going to be happy watching the film of this game.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

omgosh, can we please have Jeff Reed back Smiley Tongue

Between a washed up qb, the horrible kicker and crazy play calls, it's ridiculous. 

We can't trust the kicker to make a field goal so let's have Vick try to run on 4th down, when we have one of the best running backs around. Good grief.

Esteemed Contributor

Go Buffalo, Go NO, Go 'Skins.  At least I hope the Redskins play a game worth watching.  The field will be awful after all the rain (which is presumed to have mostly ceased by game time).

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

Pittsburgh needs another kicker...Scobee isn't one...

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Trying to recuperate from last night's game.  LOL   Most times it's a nail bitter when we play Steelers.

Very UGLY, but a win is a win. YAY!

Justin Tucker is not only an excellent kicker, but he sings opera too! (local Royal Farms commercial).

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/baltimore-ravens-justin-tucker-opera-royal-farms-coffee-commercia...

Esteemed Contributor

I had no idea that Justin Tucker could sing that well. If he ever leaves football, he should have no problem finding another career.

Thanks for posting the link.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

i dont think the ravens played badly......i thought they were pretty good. actually, the other THREE games that we have lost were not BAD games either.....

we have had some tough breaks with losing some players due to injuries and some of our players needing to leave the game due to injuries.

the ONE bad play that stood out was that "off the knee of flacco" interception that the steelers caught.

i have to say it was sweet that we got our win in pittsburgh AND on a thursday night with a big audience.

you cant say the ravens/steelers dont bring you a great game to watch, thats for sure......we do it all the time. LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Steelers have signed kicker Chris Boswell, Scobee is released.