Honored Contributor

@KkinsI can't think of any store where I shop fairly often where I buy their full range of prices -  and I think that's the way that makes the most sense for QVC's business.  Sometimes I just walk through whole departments in the upscale mall near me and look at fabrics and workmanship that just doesn't exist in my house -  even at sale prices.  Doesn't mean the stores are wrong to offer these things, just as it's not wrong for QVC to offer many items I don't have any interest in, some for price, some for function, some for form.  I just think we're so lucky to still have a variety to choose from.

PS -  I'm not buying that shoe -  it's not the price, but that shoe is for the feet and back I had 30 years ago!

Respected Contributor

I don't know which shoes were presented. I understand what you mean about pricing. However, IMO $209 for a pair of well made shoes is worth it if I will get a lot of use out of them, the sole can be repaired, they support my feet and are comfortable. I've paid that much for boots back when I was in H.S. and I still have those shoes.

Shoes should be supportive since they do support your whole body just like your feet do. I was taught from an early age not to skimp on good shoes. I'd rather wear less expensive clothing and have a smaller wardrobe than wear inexpensively made shoes.

Price point is not always indicative of quality but as someone who worked in the apparel industry and knows a thing or two about shoe manufacturing, it's more expensive and difficult to produce well made shoes than clothing.

Yes, some shoes are way overpriced. Please kindly advise the shoes you're referring to.

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

I have paid over $200 for shoes and boots.  They were worth it. I would buy them again, but probably won’t have to because they last.

i saw the sandals that were $209.  I would never buy them.  They weren’t especially attractive and they only had a few strips of leather.  They could only be worn for a short summer season.

i suppose someone would buy them...not me.  Who buys $200 casual  sandals shown on TV that you never tried on?

Honored Contributor

@NycVixen  The $209 sandals are made by Gentle Souls, and  they have a rubber-like man made bottom  that can’t be replaced or repaired like leather soles.

A305069

Honored Contributor

I can see it if they're leather and a lot of research has been used to design the sole of the foot.  Generally, shoes like I mentioned last for seasons when less expensive wear out more quickl;y causing a person to repurchase.  Personally, I'd rather have the quality than have the bottom of my feet injected with fat because of pain.

I don't know what shoe you're referring to.

Esteemed Contributor

I own 68 pairs of shoes - mostly clarks, birkenstock/birki's and Rykas (from the past). The most expensive pair was $60. Each pair is COMFORTABLE - otherwise, I send it back. I would not even pay $100 for a comfortable pair.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdiwrote:

@Kachina624   I need shoes that can withstand 180° pavement and asphalt that's "mushy" in the summer heat.    Maybe I should put in a "request" for those.................(??????)

@Desertdi. Maybe snowshoes would work?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624wrote:

@Desertdiwrote:

@Kachina624   I need shoes that can withstand 180° pavement and asphalt that's "mushy" in the summer heat.    Maybe I should put in a "request" for those.................(??????)

@Desertdi. Maybe snowshoes would work?

@Kachina624  Nah......snowshoes would make it difficult driving.    Army boots might be more in line with the local fashion.......

♥Surface of the Sun♥