Honored Contributor

Re: Why is the coated cotton and canvas almost as expensive as the leather?

On 11/16/2014 stevieb said:

I guess we'd have to ask LV. It seems to me, they set the standard (and possibly the record) for high priced coated fabric...

Wink

The difference is that LV uses a proprietary canvas AND a proprietary PVC Vinyl. Both of which are not available to other manufacturers to use. If you notice, authentic LVs last forever (fakes have severe problems). LV's PVC coated canvas rarely cracks and you'll see very well worn items that are decades old still servicing their owners. It's an extremely well made product with extremely high end materials.

Dooney may have a PVC Coated Canvas, but it is not in the same league as LV's.

BTW, I have owned and enjoyed both.... Smile

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

On 12/16/2014 Q4U said:
On 11/16/2014 stevieb said:

I guess we'd have to ask LV. It seems to me, they set the standard (and possibly the record) for high priced coated fabric...

Wink

The difference is that LV uses a proprietary canvas AND a proprietary PVC Vinyl. Both of which are not available to other manufacturers to use. If you notice, authentic LVs last forever (fakes have severe problems). LV's PVC coated canvas rarely cracks and you'll see very well worn items that are decades old still servicing their owners. It's an extremely well made product with extremely high end materials.

Dooney may have a PVC Coated Canvas, but it is not in the same league as LV's.

BTW, I have owned and enjoyed both.... Smile

Totally agree. LV's last forever.

Honored Contributor

I love the D&B coated cotton, especially in the totes. I wait till they go on clearance if I can, but I paid full price for the last one I bought. I feel the cc holds up well and is lighter weight, I actually prefer it to the all leather than can be so heavy. I think for what they are compaired to the leather the price isn't too bad.