Respected Contributor

Re: What Do You Wear Brown Shoes With If Any????

I wear tan sandals in the summer with tan/beige linen capri pants.  Otherwise I don't wear brown pants or brown shoes.  

Honored Contributor

I don't own any brown shoes. I just don't wear much brown on top or bottom so it's not a need. I do own one pair of brown ankle boots. I love wearing them with my denim jeans in fall & winter. 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@ECBG    You can actually wear brown shoes with dark gray or navy and khaki color even black.

@Katcat1 

Your post caught my eye .... not long ago I saw some celebrity on a late nite talk show and they were wearing navy slacks with medium brown shoes and it looked TERRIBLE ... like someone needed to teach the guy some basics of what goes with what.   

I guess it depends on the shades of both the shoes and whatever, but the above-mentioned look did the guy no favors.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wear brown shoes frequently.  But never with black or gray or navy.  The only exception would be blue denim.  I do wear browns with my jeans.  

I look better in a chocolate brown than black.  I tend to use chocolate brown like most do black, as a basic wardrobe color.  

I own very few black or gray pieces.  

Edited to add:  I wear nude color shoes with my white jeans.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44    It depends on the color of brown and also everyone has different taste.  I have seen dark navy pants with a med,/dark brown shoe and it looked great.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44    It depends on the color of brown and also everyone has different taste.  I have seen dark navy pants with a med,/dark brown shoe and it looked great.

As I said earlier, navy with brown shoes is very fashionable for men.

How to Combine Your Blue Suit with Brown Shoes - Hockerty

Respected Contributor

I love brown shoes and wear them a lot. I have all different shades of brown and wear them with lots of things and different colors.  I prefer brown shoes with green clothes too.  But of course I have lots of black shoes too but enjoy brown shoes just as much.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Black is my go to color.  I only wear brown shoes with brown slacks.  Period.  That is the only time I ever wear brown shoes of any kind.  

I wear a color or black in place of brown.  Just doesn't rock my boat, lol!!!Smiley Happy

@ECBG   I donated everything brown/tan/beige a few years ago. Did not look well w/ silver hair. When I DO wear jeans with a top that isn't black or grey, I go to my leopard flats or nude shoes of some type. 

Honored Contributor

I'm looking for a pair of nice Brown Flats right now, to wear with my brown skirts, khaki skirts, and tan colors.....I have several pair of Black shoes since they are my go to shoes, but found that I also needed Brown.......

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Western riding boots in natural brown colors go with EVERYTHING

@Desertdi What is a western "riding boot?"  

If it's a cowboy boot, it's for working or silly college girls  who only wear them to football games with the shortest and tightest skirts or shorts they can find.  Woman EmbarassedWoman Wink