Contributor

Under garments for smoothing

Hi! I am looking for a pair of shorts/undies that smoothes out my butt/thigh (waist?) area and won't show pantie lines to go under pants/skirts. I love wearing maxi skirts. If it makes a difference I am 5'7" about 125. As I've gotten older I'm not quite as toned and smooth as I used to be. Smiley Happy I've heard of Spanx and Skimmies, but wanted to see what you girls thought before I purchase. Thanks for your help!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Under garments for smoothing

You are thin. Probably wouldn't make any difference.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Frequent Contributor

Wear something that comes to your waist and at least below your tush like a boy short or spanx type of garment to make everything nicely smooth. I highly recommend anything that gives you the extra edge of looking fabulous.

Honored Contributor

Check out Rhonda Shear on HSN. She has some things that should work for you. I really have been very impressed by her things. They smooth & firm while being comfortable. Some pretty things, too.

Honored Contributor

Jockey has some things that might work for you. Here they are on Q:

Jockey

Frequent Contributor

Hi renb12, I am about the same size as you.
I like both Skimmies and Spanx, depending on how much control I need.
Skimmies are much more comfortable than Spanx, but I feel fierce in Spanx!
Get them both if you can.

Valued Contributor

I wear the spanx thigh type shorts that go from the waist down to the knees. I find it gives me support.

Honored Contributor

On 4/1/2015 Desertdi said:

You are thin. Probably wouldn't make any difference.

Not necessarily true...almost everyone has 'giggle'. I wear assest from Target, made by spanx but a lesser price point. I always but a size larger, I don't want to be uncomfortable and they do a great job of smoothing things out.

edited to add..I have tried the Jockey brand and find they ride up. The assets style that I buy are the longer ones, that way you see no line at the top of the thigh.

Esteemed Contributor

Jockey..

Honored Contributor

Ever notice how girdled up M. Osmond is in her commercials? I'll bet the back of her dress isn't even zipped up.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man