Frequent Contributor

Today was definitely my lucky day!

Today I went to my local Macy's store since they the Find your magic fashion challenge. It was an event where the Macy's by Appointment manager was sharing the do's and dont's and tips for spring. Then 2 people from the audience could compete to style the model in different scenarios. I volunteered since nobody else seemed interested. The scenario they picked was 'brunch with your girlfriends', So I picked an orange dress, purple patent platform sandals (that had straw like platform), a straw hanbag, turquoise and yellow chuncky bracelets, gold with turquoise hoop earrings, an a long silver, navy and turquoise necklace. My outfit competed against the outfit from the other lady. Mine won! And I wond a $100 gift card! yay! So after that obviously I made a stop in the handbag department.

I found a couple of MKors bags that were 50% off and a Dooney Dillen 2 pocket sac in crimson reduced 25% off, none of them were not there yesterday. I was tempted to get the Dooney since I've been wanting to get one in crimson but I already have a pocket sac in red calf leather, so not good, then I didn't like the style of the black MKors and the other one was luggage color and I already have a MKors in a similar color and a Dooney in bark. They also had a mini arno in glossy black but I already bought the medium one, so I don't need the mini one. So I left empty handed.

Then we went to costco to buy some groceries and on the way back we needed to stop at GNC to get some supplements. We found the closer one was at the Mall nearby (where there's another Macy's) so while DH went to GNC, I went to Macy's. They only had a few MKors that were reduced 25% which I didn't like btw, but then there was only one Dooney reduced, 25% off, it was the Dillen 2 Large pocket satchel, in crimson! So I got that one, with the extra 25% for the presale for the F&F and then used my gift card, so I only ended up paying about $79. I was thinking on looking for the pocket satchel in crimson in either the regular or the large next month when I go to the outlet. As far as I know, the older colors are 40% at the outlet. So I got it for about the same amount and with the gift card, got it even cheaper! I'm so happy. Can't wait til next wednesday to go and pick it up.

So ladies, if you get the invitation for this event, I suggest you go and volunteer! You might win the challenge and get a $100 gift card!