Esteemed Contributor

I've never liked white sandals in the past , always either black or tan .   I've been seeing a lot of very pretty sandals this year in white though and I'm thinking I'll try a pair .  I like to match my purse to my shoes is the only thing and I'm not too crazy about white purses.    🤔

Trusted Contributor

Re: Thoughts on white sandals

I don't wear any type of white shoe because the make my feet look like gunboats! Also every particle of dirt manages to find its way onto them and they never look the same, even with constant cleaning. 

Respected Contributor

White sandals wouldn't be my first choice but I might get them if they don't have a huge white presence.  A few white straps on a tan sole would be ok.

It's fine if the shoes and bag don't match.  White sandals go with any bag.  HTH

Honored Contributor

I no longer buy white sandals for summer.  Stick with black, navy, tan.  

Honored Contributor

I have a pair of white flip-flops that I wear around my house or out in my yard. I don't wear sandals out and about. I like to keep my feet covered for that.

Trusted Contributor

I don't wear white shoes, nor do I carry a white handbag.  One has to be hyper aware of smudges, dirt, and dye from clothes rubbing off, and unfortunately too many people don't.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to try & match my handbag to my shoes but stopped doing that years ago....I just make sure that they coordinate now.

As for shoes, I tend to wear black all winter.  I have probably a dozen pairs of ankle boots all in black.  However I bring out the color when I comes to sandals!

I like Alegrias and have several pairs in many interesting colors (I also get a regular pedi with pretty polish).  I'm a fan of Vionics too. I need arch support.

I may try a pair of white sandals but would probably not wear them too often since they are guaranteed to get dirty after a while.  Why not give them a try if they aren't going to be your primary pair?

ETA:  I also don't care for white bags....however white sandals would look great with a colored bag or a straw bag.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have two pairs of white sandals - one very casual (Birkis*) that I usually only wear when I'm going out of town. The other is not so open and "strappy" ... okay to wear here.  (City streets are too dirty to wear open shoes.)

I don't match shoes and bag - shoes coordinate with what I'm wearing.

Most of my everyday bags are either British tan or "novelty" bags -usually souvenirs that I bought when traveling.  

*  It was easily 15 years ago that QVC had some Birkis with a back strap.  I bought a pair in white.

Honored Contributor

I think matching shoes to bag is a bit dated. My Mom always did that.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

I like white sandals.  What I don't like is white soles on any shoe.  I have two  pairs of white sandals and both pairs have black soles.

I can't wait for warmer weather to wear them.  It's snowing today...five inches are expected.

I no longer match my bag to my shoes.  That seems to be a very outdated concept.