New Contributor

Re: The ""Bitsy"" Bag... Really...?

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forums but not new to the Q. Been a Q shopper for about 17 years or so. I saw this bag in person and have to say it is adorable. It is small but has a lot of presence and personality. I hope they mark it down, because I love it!!!
Super Contributor

Pocketbook, I love that word lol.
Respected Contributor

On 8/31/2014 Helen5472 said: Hi everyone! I'm new to the forums but not new to the Q. Been a Q shopper for about 17 years or so. I saw this bag in person and have to say it is adorable. It is small but has a lot of presence and personality. I hope they mark it down, because I love it!!!
I'm with you, Helen. Waiting to see if I can get a good deal on this bag. One has already popped up on eBay in the Bordeaux color with a starting price of $109.
Valued Contributor

I saw this bag at Macy's. It's cute and functional as a small crossbody. It's the handles that made it look a bit silly....
Honored Contributor

There is no way this handbag would work for me. I saw Sharon present it, and as petit as she is it still looked small. Dooney can keep these.
Honored Contributor

On 9/1/2014 tough_kitty said: I saw this bag at Macy's. It's cute and functional as a small crossbody. It's the handles that made it look a bit silly....

Agree on the handles.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 9/1/2014 Tissyanne said: There is no way this handbag would work for me. I saw Sharon present it, and as petit as she is it still looked small. Dooney can keep these.

I think we'll be seeing a ton of these on clearance lots of places and on ILD... just like we did with that 'happy bag'. It seemed like they couldn't even give those away and they'd made them in every color under the sun. I thought we'd never see the end of those things.

Honored Contributor

On 9/1/2014 stevieb said:
On 9/1/2014 Tissyanne said: There is no way this handbag would work for me. I saw Sharon present it, and as petit as she is it still looked small. Dooney can keep these.

I think we'll be seeing a ton of these on clearance lots of places and on ILD... just like we did with that 'happy bag'. It seemed like they couldn't even give those away and they'd made them in every color under the sun. I thought we'd never see the end of those things.

What was the happy bag?
Honored Contributor

stevieb, I know you do not care for the Sept TSV , but I pre ordered it , and bought the orchid. The color is pleasing to me, if you recall I had ordered the Bristol in violet, and it was too bright for my taste. Now I see that Tangerine is going to be offered in the TSV, as is dusty lavender. I don't want two of these, and would appreciate your thoughts concerning the color choices.
Honored Contributor

It was another of Dooney's attempts to capture the market for very small bags. As I recall, it was primarily a summer bag in bright summery colors. I can't even remember the silhouette, I just remember they pushed it like crazy but it appeared not to go very far. Google turned up the picture below and looking at it now, heck, it might well have been an improvement over the Bitsy bag!