Respected Contributor

Re: The ""Bitsy"" Bag... Really...?

My daughter and I were watching when this bag made its appearance. We both said it might be good for a child or to put in your larger bag when you just want to run into the grocery store. On it's own, it would not work for me or most women.

Respected Contributor

If you look at it as a crossbody bag, it's probably roomier than the flat letter carrier types. I think we're influenced by the fact that it's a scaled-down version of a zip zip satchel, making it look like a child's bag. I like the shape of it and I think it would work for me as a crossbody for when I don't need to carry a lot but I'm going to wait and see if it goes on sale later on, as it's a little too pricey for me right now. Hopefully, if enough people feel it's too small for them, they'll reduce the price to get rid of them! Smiley Wink
Honored Contributor

On 8/24/2014 Texasmouse said: If you look at it as a crossbody bag, it's probably roomier than the flat letter carrier types. I think we're influenced by the fact that it's a scaled-down version of a zip zip satchel, making it look like a child's bag. I like the shape of it and I think it would work for me as a crossbody for when I don't need to carry a lot but I'm going to wait and see if it goes on sale later on, as it's a little too pricey for me right now. Hopefully, if enough people feel it's too small for them, they'll reduce the price to get rid of them! Smiley Wink

I'd keep an eye on the DB site and ILD... I could be wrong but I don't see this as a big seller and do think the price will be reduced... I think had they just skipped the handles it might have flown as a cross body, but with them, it just looks like a kids bag. It's a new bag though, so I'd guess even if it doesn't sell well, the price won't go down for at least a little while.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Thanks, stevieb, I'll keep an eye out! Smiley Happy
On 8/27/2014 stevieb said:
On 8/24/2014 Texasmouse said: If you look at it as a crossbody bag, it's probably roomier than the flat letter carrier types. I think we're influenced by the fact that it's a scaled-down version of a zip zip satchel, making it look like a child's bag. I like the shape of it and I think it would work for me as a crossbody for when I don't need to carry a lot but I'm going to wait and see if it goes on sale later on, as it's a little too pricey for me right now. Hopefully, if enough people feel it's too small for them, they'll reduce the price to get rid of them! Smiley Wink

I'd keep an eye on the DB site and ILD... I could be wrong but I don't see this as a big seller and do think the price will be reduced... I think had they just skipped the handles it might have flown as a cross body, but with them, it just looks like a kids bag. It's a new bag though, so I'd guess even if it doesn't sell well, the price won't go down for at least a little while.

Super Contributor

Dooney & Bourke Pebbl… Bitsy bag with a not so bitsy price? Nuts huh? {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Respected Contributor

Flipping through a fashion magazine a few weeks ago...apparently the tiny bags are the new thing. Geez, guess they have to come up with something in an attempt to keep us buying!
Honored Contributor

I've never in my life traveled that light so they're going to have to come out with something else then, to keep me buying!

Wink

Respected Contributor

I've never in my life traveled that light so they're going to have to come out with something else then, to keep me buying!

Wink

Me either stevieb. I carry a suitcase for all my junk and then my poor husband has to carry it for me when my back starts hurting, lol
Honored Contributor

On 8/27/2014 Reba055 said:

I've never in my life traveled <em>that</em> light so they're going to have to come out with something else then, to keep me buying!

Wink

Me either stevieb. I carry a suitcase for all my junk and then my poor husband has to carry it for me when my back starts hurting, lol

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I switched bags today but didn't take the time to clear it out... Gotta do that soon and there is truly no telling what I'll find in that bag!

Honored Contributor

Was at TJ Maxx last evening and saw the Tig version of this bag. Yes, they have one, the look is almost identical and it goes without saying it costs a lot less. Of course, it isn't Dooney and I didn't pay attention to whether or not the bag was all leather. That said, it's very cute in theory, but I'll stick with my first impression that it's essentially pretty ridiculous looking when held by the handles. I went shopping with my mom and we had a good chuckle over the notion of 'carrying' that bag! One of the other shoppers asked if it was a child's bag...

Wink