Esteemed Contributor

To those of you that like the black and white geometric, it's actually the reverse pattern of Night and Day. I had a ditty bag in this reverse pattern and I loved it, but gave it away to a girlfriend who loved it more. I got it at the outlet. Funny how they brought that pattern back!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Super Contributor

I think an hour or more is too long on Vera Bradley. How long does it take to show the bags, the prints ? Your eye either immediately likes them or not.

I do not need to be told whom I could gift them to, or how to use different colors, or how many teachers I can buy them for.

Please, don't drag these obvious shows out. Just get on with it or bring in enough different bags and prints to occupy an hour. Boring.

Honored Contributor

I have several VBs and don't want anymore right now, but if I were in the market for one, I would like the black-and-white geometric pattern. But I'm not a Bowler type. I guess I'm not ladylike enough, because I prefer shoulder bags to those you wear over the crook of your arm.

As for the microfiber options, I have one black microfiber VB from a few years back. For some reason that I've now forgotten, it didn't work for me. And anyway, I sort of think that the prints are what make these bags different and fun, even though I do tend toward the more subtle ones usually.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Never been a fan of the VB prints so I am glad to see some solids.

Honored Contributor

I want a new black bag more casual than big leather for winter Florida. I'm thinking VB, but probably bigger than the TSV.

I don't remember seeing VB blacks on sale much. Anyone following that line close enough to know? TIA.

Esteemed Contributor

I am a recent Vera Bradley convert. I don't like these new prints either. Makes me glad I got what I did of the older prints before they are long gone. As for the solids -- maybe some day. You can find solid bags anywhere -- however they may not be washable. But I don't feel the need to buy solid color handbags now -- the prints are what makes Vera different.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Contributor

Well I caved. I always buy my MIL a Vera for Christmas......I usually take her to a boutique to pick one out and then we wrap it up for Christmas Smiley Happy This way I know she will love what I give her. She told me she liked the black one which really surprised me because she is a huge lover of the patterns (she owns her own quilting business). She said she wanted a bag to go with everything for a change. This got me thinking......I have all these patterned VBs and not one black bag!! So I ordered one for me and one for her Smiley Happy

Like I needed another handbag..........LOL I told my husband I need an ""intervention""!!

Valued Contributor

I ordered the black microfiber one. I can see myself going into a restaurant with the little black bag. It seems like it would be nice to carry shopping too since it isn't heavy to begin with. I don't usually buy a black bag but I like this one. Then I thought about it and what I really wanted was the red one. I love the red one. I think it would be cute at Christmas and I have the fushchia wristlet here in the microfiber that I would like to use with both colors. So I ordered the red one also. Since they are on easy pay (evil pay) I have now both colors ordered and am excited to get them. I like the microfiber but not the patterns this time.

Regular Contributor

I really liked the black and white print but I have funny eye problems and it is too busy -- don;t quite know my problem but can't wear herringbone or anything flashy -- my eyes fet upset and it starts to move.

Did like the black microfiber but passed -- seemed smaller than I like,

I do like vera bradley however -- still have the va va voom TSV from a couple of years ago and use it a lot and also a purple one with paisley -- very pretty especially to me. Would like to fine a light blue nice print for next summer