Trusted Contributor

Re: Stevieb, EEL, TK & Co. - 2015 chat about handbags & more

On 1/6/2015 stevieb said:

I don't order a lot from the Bay, but have never had an issue... As for ensuring items are genuine, if the seller is established and has good reviews, I'd not worry a great deal about it.

Thanks. I checked it again and the seller doesn't accept returns, so I'm wary. I will probably pass this time.

Honored Contributor

On 1/5/2015 vaccinia said:

Almost ordered a Coach Madison Carryall on sale but I waited too long and missed out. I even returned a couple of items I hadn't used yet so I could justify the purchase. Probably just as well that it's gone, but does anyone know if the sale items ever come back in stock on the Coach website? I wanted the light gold/tan, but would consider almost any color.

ETA: I just checked ebay and someone does have the bag I want. Anyone know how to be sure what you're getting is authentic? The listing says it's new with tags.

I've heard quite a few people call Jacksonville direct and they can actually search for the bags and see if any retail stores have them and then have them sent directly to you. Some of the snoopy items came back in stock after they were "sold out". You can also always check an outlet too if you have one near you and they can also do an outlet search and do a charge send if they find one for you.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/6/2015 Laura14 said:
On 1/5/2015 vaccinia said:

Almost ordered a Coach Madison Carryall on sale but I waited too long and missed out. I even returned a couple of items I hadn't used yet so I could justify the purchase. Probably just as well that it's gone, but does anyone know if the sale items ever come back in stock on the Coach website? I wanted the light gold/tan, but would consider almost any color.

ETA: I just checked ebay and someone does have the bag I want. Anyone know how to be sure what you're getting is authentic? The listing says it's new with tags.

I've heard quite a few people call Jacksonville direct and they can actually search for the bags and see if any retail stores have them and then have them sent directly to you. Some of the snoopy items came back in stock after they were "sold out". You can also always check an outlet too if you have one near you and they can also do an outlet search and do a charge send if they find one for you.

Thanks for this info! I'm going to give it a day or two and if I find myself obsessing about it, I will try this.

Honored Contributor

On 1/6/2015 vaccinia said:
On 1/6/2015 stevieb said:

I don't order a lot from the Bay, but have never had an issue... As for ensuring items are genuine, if the seller is established and has good reviews, I'd not worry a great deal about it.

Thanks. I checked it again and the seller doesn't accept returns, so I'm wary. I will probably pass this time.

It seems that most of them don't, but if they have good customer ratings then that's an indication that returns aren't often necessary...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Busy day today....just flipping the channels....an iPad mini on Anything Goes. Now that's too funny.
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone! Smile It's good to read about what everyone is wearing, doing and all...nice variety of posts!

I'm literally running around our house today, up and down the stairs to keep moving to stay warm! As the day goes on, the temperature is supposed to drop to minus 4 degrees here in Chicagoland! Brrrrrrr! It helps that I am finding motivation to pare down/purge/organize from the SIMPLIFY 2015 threads. I just posted my SIMPLIFY 2015 Week 2 report (not all good). {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Today I'm going to work on the rest of my handbag collection and try to find some to either 1) sell at a resale shop, 2) package up for my sister's summer garage sale or 3) USE! This always helps to remind me how many I have and how I do not have to BUY MORE!!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Once I figure out what handbag I am changing into, I will post on stevieb's New Year handbag thread...EEL

Honored Contributor

On 1/7/2015 EdithEllenLily said:

Hi everyone! Smile It's good to read about what everyone is wearing, doing and all...nice variety of posts!

I'm literally running around our house today, up and down the stairs to keep moving to stay warm! As the day goes on, the temperature is supposed to drop to minus 4 degrees here in Chicagoland! Brrrrrrr! It helps that I am finding motivation to pare down/purge/organize from the SIMPLIFY 2015 threads. I just posted my SIMPLIFY 2015 Week 2 report (not all good). {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Today I'm going to work on the rest of my handbag collection and try to find some to either 1) sell at a resale shop, 2) package up for my sister's summer garage sale or 3) USE! This always helps to remind me how many I have and how I do not have to BUY MORE!!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Once I figure out what handbag I am changing into, I will post on stevieb's New Year handbag thread...EEL

Tsk, tsk... all THAT to keep warm when you know all you need do is fire up those ovens and bake the Mister something sweet...

Wink

It's about 19 here, but with the wind whipping around like crazy and gusts up to about 30MPH... and lows tonight predicted to be in the single digits, so believe me, it's cold

I haven't even begun the sorting... I'll get to it. There are actually three bags I want to find, as I'd like to carry one of them, but I just don't have it in me to go into the bag vault and start lifting and toting boxes to find them... Instead, I stayed wrapped in my faux fur throw and read a good book... The sorting and the copious amounts of laundry will be there when I feel productive... I worked SO hard getting ready for the Christmas that was barely a blip on the screen, so I'm in no rush to start taking it down, putting it away, sorting, housework, and so on...

Now, about that summer garage sale, let us know in advance when and where that is...

Honored Contributor

On 1/7/2015 stevieb said:
On 1/7/2015 EdithEllenLily said:

Tsk, tsk... all THAT to keep warm when you know all you need do is fire up those ovens and bake the Mister something sweet...

Wink

It's about 19 here, but with the wind whipping around like crazy and gusts up to about 30MPH... and lows tonight predicted to be in the single digits, so believe me, it's cold

I haven't even begun the sorting... I'll get to it. There are actually three bags I want to find, as I'd like to carry one of them, but I just don't have it in me to go into the bag vault and start lifting and toting boxes to find them... Instead, I stayed wrapped in my faux fur throw and read a good book... The sorting and the copious amounts of laundry will be there when I feel productive... I worked SO hard getting ready for the Christmas that was barely a blip on the screen, so I'm in no rush to start taking it down, putting it away, sorting, housework, and so on...

Now, about that summer garage sale, let us know in advance when and where that is...

Yeah, stevieb, I thought about cranking up the oven today, but I didn't have the supplies and there was no way I was venturing outside for any reason whatsoever...poor Mr. Lily!

I agree...so much preparation for the holidays and then poof they are gone. We are still in full Christmas mode here and our old brick home is yet adorned with the large, multi-colored bulb lights. Now that it snowed, it really looks like Christmas out there! {#emotions_dlg.tt1} We will leave them up until the weather improves, which is a good excuse to enjoy them a couple of weeks longer. I think our village rule is "lights out" by the end of January, so we are good.

That's cool you're a BookWoman...I'm one, too...those days spent reading are the best! Smile

Regarding my sister's summer garage sale, it's a BIG ONE. Mr. Lily makes a tiered display on a table specifically for my handbags. They are mostly Vera Bradley because they are colorful, less expensive and make for an eye-catching attraction. My brother-in-law says ladies make a beeline for the purse table each year and they sell like hotcakes. In past years, I did sell a couple of Dooneys there, but the ladies don't want to fork out the cash for those, even at the super marked-down prices. The resale shop is better for Dooneys, and if I ever decide to sell on eBay I would make some good green stuff in the process.

You have a bag vault?! That contains boxes of handbags?! Whoa! {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} Hope you find what you're looking for soon, stevieb! Wish I could help you DIG! Wink

Honored Contributor

We got just a dusting here yesterday, EEL, but yes, as I said, it would've been SO appreciated had it been two weeks ago, instead of the damp, warm, humid Christmas Eve we experienced that was so foggy you could barely see... but I guess that's the way it goes... We don't tend to get a lot of snow here some years at all, other years we get our share, so I'm hoping we get a few more decent snowfalls (skipping the blizzards and certainly the ice, altogether) before summer rears its repugnant head..

Yes, I enjoy reading a great deal and go through a lot of books in short order. I don't tend toward lofty tomes. With few exceptions, I'm content with a good cozy mystery or some other form of mystery or suspense novel, though occasionally I venture into 'literature'... Right now, I'm reading an Anne Perry and also have a Nancy Atherton going...

As for the vault, it's actually a spare bedroom, one I'd like to clean out and actually use AS a bedroom...

Wink

Honored Contributor

On 1/7/2015 stevieb said:

We got just a dusting here yesterday, EEL, but yes, as I said, it would've been SO appreciated had it been two weeks ago, instead of the damp, warm, humid Christmas Eve we experienced that was so foggy you could barely see... but I guess that's the way it goes... We don't tend to get a lot of snow here some years at all, other years we get our share, so I'm hoping we get a few more decent snowfalls (skipping the blizzards and certainly the ice, altogether) before summer rears its repugnant head..

Yes, I enjoy reading a great deal and go through a lot of books in short order. I don't tend toward lofty tomes. With few exceptions, I'm content with a good cozy mystery or some other form of mystery or suspense novel, though occasionally I venture into 'literature'... Right now, I'm reading an Anne Perry and also have a Nancy Atherton going...

As for the vault, it's actually a spare bedroom, one I'd like to clean out and actually use AS a bedroom...

Wink

Yuck, I don't like the heat of summer, either. That's why I'm not outside at the garage sale. As a fair-skinned redhead, I just melt and burn...not good...but the other three seasons are just fine, even this COLD winter...

Hmmm, I've never read either of the authors you mentioned, but I am now curious to check them out. Over the past two years my Mom has been reading so much it's hard to keep up with her. Last year, among other books, Mom read all of Sue Grafton "Kinsey Millhone" mysteries that I have enjoyed one-by-one over the years when they come out. (By the way, I'm not sure if you have read them, "A is for Alibi", "B is for Burglar" etc., but sometimes you remind me of Kinsey, who is an independent, very smart crack-up.) Anyway, I will have to find books by those authors for both Mom and me. A quick search told me that Nancy Atherton includes recipes in her books...I saw something like a sticky lemon cake that's right up my alley.

And oh, yes, I have read about your spare bedroom on which you are working...I'm just glad the handbag vault is not your mother's garage! Wink