Honored Contributor

Re: Stevieb, EEL, TK & Co. - 2015 chat about handbags & more

Did any of you receive some keepers from GEM day?! I'm keeping two rather $$$ beauties, both on EZ pay, though. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Valued Contributor

On 1/13/2015 EdithEllenLily said:

Did any of you receive some keepers from GEM day?! I'm keeping two rather $$$ beauties, both on EZ pay, though. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

I'm curious to see those beauties now Smiley Happy I'm not sure anymore which day was the gem day, but I'm keeping that lapis charm bracelet and the gold bracelet which was $125 less comparing to current price!
Honored Contributor

On 1/13/2015 tough_kitty said:

I'm curious to see those beauties now Smiley Happy I'm not sure anymore which day was the gem day, but I'm keeping that lapis charm bracelet and the gold bracelet which was $125 less comparing to current price!

I love your lapis charm bracelet (almost ordered it!) and you got a great deal on your pretty gold bracelet, TK!! The only reason I didn't order the lapis charm bracelet is it was right before GEM day and I knew I would find something...or two...okay, I'll post those next...EEL

Honored Contributor

The alexandrite and diamond ring I received is really interesting and cool. It's a good carat weight of alexandrite and the diagonal and raised design is eye-catching. So much in fact that it's the second time I ordered this ring. I first ordered it last summer, but the reality of the full price made me send it back. I was so glad it went on clearance for GEM day! I bought a bigger size to wear on my middle or first finger. Here it is: http://www.qvc.com/0.75-ct-tw-Alexandrite-&-Diamond-Bold-Band-Ring-14K-Gold.product.J285380.html?sc...

Honored Contributor

The ethiopian opal and white zircon pendant on the 14K chain is really beautiful. It's as colorful as the one in the video with a lot of green, fire red and blue as it moves. It was a one-time-only value. I guess I'm into color-changing these days, because alexandrite is a color-changing stone (it goes from a light green to a darker green to a purple in various lights). Here is the ethiopian opal and white zircon pendant on the chain: http://www.qvc.com/Ethiopian-Opal-&-White-Zircon-Pendant-on-18-Chain,-14K-Gold-2.75-ct-tw.product.J...

Valued Contributor

EEL, these are both pretty pieces!! With some pretty high price tags Smiley Happy but based on what you said, seems like you got the lower price on both. I like the design of the ring. I've never heard of alexandrite before, I had no idea it changes color. Sounds cool. But wait, aren't you missing something?? What about that turquoise and gold ring for $399 with the rope design? Smiley Wink see, sometimes I remember..... busy at work since I changed units. No more time for Q at work! Lol.
Honored Contributor

The alexandrite and diamond ring I received is really interesting and cool. It's a good carat weight of alexandrite and the diagonal and raised design is eye-catching. So much in fact that it's the second time I ordered this ring. I first ordered it last summer, but the reality of the full price made me send it back. I was so glad it went on clearance for GEM day! I bought a bigger size to wear on my middle or first finger. Here it is: http://www.qvc.com/0.75-ct-tw-Alexandrite-&-Diamond-Bold-Band-Ring-14K-Gold.product.J285380.html?sc...

0.75 ct tw Alexandrite & Diamond Bold Band Ring 14K Gold

Pretty ring at a fair price. Glad you were able to nab it this time around! I love Alexandrite. I have a square Alexandrite and diamond ring, very small stones, but the color is very nice. Would love to have a real rock of Alexandrite, but it's so pricey...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

The ethiopian opal and white zircon pendant on the 14K chain is really beautiful. It's as colorful as the one in the video with a lot of green, fire red and blue as it moves. It was a one-time-only value. I guess I'm into color-changing these days, because alexandrite is a color-changing stone (it goes from a light green to a darker green to a purple in various lights). Here is the ethiopian opal and white zircon pendant on the chain: http://www.qvc.com/Ethiopian-Opal-&-White-Zircon-Pendant-on-18-Chain,-14K-Gold-2.75-ct-tw.product.J...

Ethiopian Opal & White Zircon Pendant on 18 Chain, 14K Gold 2.75 ct tw

Pretty pendant... I love 'white' opals with fire, and fire opal, but not much of a fan of the more teal opals... Pricey but the opal is pretty and it is 18K gold...

Valued Contributor

Thanks for posting the pics, Stevie! On another note, I finally dropped off my last returns to Q today. Now that I'm done shopping, I'll have more time to organize my "junk" (closets and drawers) and try finding some extra income so I can pay my debts...ummm...loans, off!!! So I can go to Europe next year.....The plan is the key! Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

I opted for these three pieces, two of which have arrived. The sapphire and zircon ring is very pretty and is more blue than I'd anticipated, but am not sure it's blue 'enough'. Were the stones just a wee bit larger, it'd be a definite keeper, but as it is, I'm going to think on this one... I'd considered it in emerald and perhaps should have gone that way, but we'll see... I do love sapphires... of course, I like emeralds too!

Precious Gemstone & White Zircon Sterling Silver Band Ring

This one below is a really lovely piece. I was actually very pleasantly surprised. I own the square versions of this ring in blue and in green, but the oval is far more lovely and now would love to add this one in those colors... Incidentally TK, this one in blue might well have your name on it... I ordered this time in red. The diamonds, to be sure, are miniscule, but the overall impact is lovely!

Pave Color Oval Diamond Ring, Sterling, 1/4 cttw, by Affinity

The one below is the first piece I ordered and has yet to arrive... As noted, I own this one in blue and green, but really like champagne diamonds, so ordered it in that option. Remains to be seen whether it's a keeper or not... I'm thinking it might well go back in favor of another color in the oval ring...

Pave Color Braided Diamond Ring, Sterling, 1/4 cttw by Affinity

These inexpensive Affinity diamond rings also come in a round version, which looks very pretty... As of now, I don't own anything in the round option... an example of which is below...

Round

Enjoy all your jewelry pieces!