Respected Contributor

Sophie Hobo (last Dooney TSV)

Well, it's been a month (seems longer) and I'm using my new Sophie hobo bag, which I bought in "natural" (which I would have termed "cognac" but so be it.)

I was a bit dubious of it, but decided to keep it as I have no good big brown and black bag.

How are you liking yours? I like mine well enough. Took it on a long trip where I wanted a bag that zipped up, not open at the top like my Janine bag.

It holds a fair amount, but it's heavy.

I actually like the coated cotton lining--keeps very clean and won't tear easily.

The strap is just the right length. The tassels make it easy to unzip the bag.

Things I don't like: keyfob was cheapened, and the key leash is grosgrain ribbon, not leather. (It works well, however. I do use that feature all the time to keep keys from diving to the bottom of the bag.)

The wallet? Not using it at the moment. It's a bit skimpy and featureless. Sort of cheap.

I don't like the name tag now being a luggage tag instead of the brass plate.

The black and brown works great for a single purse because it goes with both brown or black shoes. That's a plus. I kind of wish I'd bought the nude, but this color is very basic and a classic.

Summary: it's good. Anyone have updated opinions on their TSV purchase?

Respected Contributor

Re: Sophie Hobo (last Dooney TSV)

I haven't actually carried mine yet, but looking forward to trying it out. I got the ivy and I'm happy with the look.

Frequent Contributor

I bought the gray and like it very much, The lining I was dubious about but it works well. I am using the wallet. I had a big Dooney wallet and it was really heavy. This one is very light. and makes the bag easier to carry. I did just switch to a Gili. Trying to vary carrying my bags! Sonnie

New Contributor

I bought the nude and I love it. Its a great size, love the outside pocket, sits on either shoulder perfectly. My daughter got the pink and it is stunning. In fact, I am thinking of getting one for myself. I don't find it heavy but I am a big bag lover (another favorite is the logo lock). I am extremely happy with this purchase.
Respected Contributor

I just started carrying mine this weekend and I am very happy with it. It is heavier than some of my bags but doesn't seem as heavy as my Dooney Lexington bag. This will hold a lot. I may need to get some type of purse organizer for it.