Honored Contributor

1Socks of course!!  The insides of shoes and boots worn without socks would deteriorate and more than likely smell if not cleaned out after every wear.  I have boots by my door for the winter when just going out to get packages and quick snow clearing and they are a mess inside and I do not wear them for more than 15 minutes at a time.  My feet would be very uncomfortable in the sweaty insides of boots - and even shoes!  I even like going barefoot in the house.

Respected Contributor

That's why I like Uggs or Bear Paws - no socks needed.

Honored Contributor

It's just too painful for my feet when cold to get by without socks.  I need socks in winter.

On the other hand, if my boots are warm enough to keep my feet warm without socks I would hate for them to get sweaty.  Socks absorb foot sweat and keeps shoes from getting stinky.

I always wear socks or no show socks when wearing enclosed shoes.  When it is actually hot out I mostly wear sandals so no socks then.

Trusted Contributor

can't wear boots and sneakers without socks. 

Esteemed Contributor

Warm weater- no socks.

Now,: no socks with Ugg boots; otherwise 77% Merino wool socks. LOVE!

I picked up 4 pairs at Aldi on clearance- under $4.00/pair and one additional pair at Marshall's for maybe $6 or $7. Not bulky at all, fit great inside shooties, boots and sneakers. Comfy and warm,but hard to find socks with this much Merino wool content, especially at the prices I paid.

Regular Contributor

My feet are always cold so I'm always wearing my socks with or without shoes/boots. Even with my slippers.

Respected Contributor

I wear socks every day of the year, even with my house shoes. My summer socks are thin, but I must wear closed in shoes. I think closed in shoes need socks, hose, or something to absorb moisture.

Honored Contributor

Sneakers always with socks.  Boots too (especially real leather) I wear no shows with everything else. You need socks.  Otherwise bacteria and smelly shoes. Shame becasue shoes look better without the socks. 

Honored Contributor

@FranandZoe wrote:

That's why I like Uggs or Bear Paws - no socks needed.

That is why a friend of mine who has a no shoes in house policy tells those not wearing socks to just keep them on!!  They are a breeding ground for bacteria and spread of fungus with that sweaty lush fur lining!  My foot doctor says he gets more business from  athlete foot and fungus toenails from UGG and fake Ugg wearers!  He says even if you thoroughly cleanse your feet immediately before putting them on you can still have issues!

Honored Contributor

I wear mainly wear socks after I lotion or oil my feet.

I don't wear socks with my jeans, jeggings, leggings.