Honored Contributor

Slip-Ins / Step-Ins Sneakers

The whole Slip-In, or Step-In sneaker craze was definitely not started by Skechers (like some hosts like to tell you).  It's just that Skechers introduced them to QVC shoppers.  

That hands free technology was started by Kizik, with their patent achieved back in 2018.   Kizik is the first, but their prices are much higher.  They tend to be in the $100 - $150 range, depending on the many different styles.

I much prefer the Kizik styles.  Great looking sneakers, without looking like shoe horns in the back of the heel. I just cannot stand that Skechers shoe horn look.

But I do think the technology, no matter the brand (since a lot of brands have them now) is great for many reasons.

Honored Contributor

Re: Slip-Ins / Step-Ins Sneakers

@Caaareful Shopper   I'm aware that the slip-ins were available long before Skechers introduced them.  I bet the Kiziks are much better quality.  Skechers have zero support and most are being made of cheap, hot, poly knitted fabric.  They're pretty much disposable shoes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper   I'm aware that the slip-ins were available long before Skechers introduced them.  I bet the Kiziks are much better quality.  Skechers have zero support and most are being made of cheap, hot, poly knitted fabric.  They're pretty much disposable shoes.

@Kachina624  I agree 100%.

Honored Contributor

I have never heard of them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

I agree that Sketchers look weird with the shoe horns on back.

Esteemed Contributor

Orthofeet has some nice slip ins. They are in the $100-150 range also but they give better support than Skechers. I bought a couple of pairs of Orthofeet after my knee replacement surgery in May and now they're all I wear. 

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper .  Do you own any Kiziks?  I was thinking about a purchase but wondered how cushiony the footbed is.  I'm debating between them and a similar. Orthofeet shoe.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty.  How cushiony is the Orthofeet footbed?

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper .  Do you own any Kiziks?  I was thinking about a purchase but wondered how cushiony the footbed is.  I'm debating between them and a similar. Orthofeet shoe.

@Kachina624   I don't yet.  I've had two different styles in my cart on their website for over a week Smiley Happy

It's the price, the price!  

I have read some great reviews, but like anything it depends on the specific style.  

Esteemed Contributor

I love Sketchers. I think a lot of the people who purchase know what that are getting, which is no support, but extreme comfort.  

I do not purchase my Sketchers from QVC. I have a Sketchers Outlet near my home and that's where I pick up my shoes from. 

I would have to agree that the back of the TSV does look like a shoe horn.