Occasional Contributor
Was was watching HSN. Host said you can return shoes for different size, color " AS LONG AS YOU DON'T WEAR THEM OUTSIDE". Never heard QVC say that. Was wondering if HSN has a different policy. As a matter of fact QVC says the opposite.
Occasional Contributor

Honored Contributor

That seems like a reasonable request.  After all, you can tell whether the shoes fit or you like the color just by wearing them around the house.  But if they, for example, fell apart after wearing them normally for a month - including outside - I think you'd be able to return them for being defective.

Honored Contributor

I think returning shoes that are not worn outside is a given anywhere 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

HSN has had that policy for years.  Perhaps the Q should take note.  I once ordered an "as is" pair of shoes assuming someone had just ordered the wrong size or something then returned.........they had literally been worn a lot and were filthy!   Needless to say I returned them and stopped ordering as is products, they obviously don't really check the products coming back before they send them on to the next victim.

Super Contributor

I think there is nothing wrong in that. You can try them in your living room. If they don’t fit or you don’t like the color, you can return them. But the shoes must not be worn outside.

Respected Contributor

When I had foot problems, one of the things I appreciated most about QVC’s return policy was that I could return shoes after I wore them at work for a day. Shoes that looked and felt comfortable for an hour in the house hurt like h*ll after a day at work. My job didn’t require me to stand for long periods of time, but I did a fair amount of walking throughout the organization. And I’m not talking about high heels, either. Once I started having foot problems, I stuck to sensible shoes. I got pretty good at identifying shoes that would feel good, but there were a few that snuck in under the radar. That’s when QVC’s return policy was a godsend. 

Honored Contributor

QVC's return policy has been 30 days no questions asked.

They would have to change that policy to now include restrictions?

You can return cookware as long as you don't cook in it?

BTW-I only try & wear shoes inside, but I see a slippery slope ....

Honored Contributor

I don't buy "expensive" shoes, so if I order a pair that I don't like for whatever reason ... I just donate them to Goodwill.  

Just not worth the hassle packing them up and going to the PO.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Shoe buyer be ware

[ Edited ]

@benni:  That is usually a cross the board policy. The shoes can be worn (to see how they fit) on carpet or soft surfaces that will not scuff or dirty the sole.

Even BandM stores will accept shoe returns if the shoes don't look worn.