What is going on with the insanely high shipping charges? Obviously everyone would love to always see free shipping, but I realize that isn't the case here.  I was going to buy a coupld of Earth Brand shoes today and saw the shipping charges and decided not to. It seems that the shipping charges have climed to a crazy place. Lately, when I see the shipping charges I just do not order. Please QVC, go back to lower shipping charges. The current charges are making "trying" things not a safe bet.

Regular Contributor

I noticed that the $3 s/h in many cases has crept up to $3.50.  With so many other websites offering free shipping or free shipping over a certain amount, it again gets harder to shop at QVC.  I was looking at Insta Pot that was on sale.  But by the time, they added the s/h and taxes, it was cheaper on another website even though the base price for the product was higher.

Super Contributor

Sometime the cost of shipping is out of their hands,it is up to the vendor weather they want to absord that cost. As you may know during the holidays shipping was high for certain items. UPS and the USPS has gone up because of their cost of doing business. The reason said is  expect this in the coming future when it comes to some vendors. It also depends on the orgin of where the goods are shipped. The current president is saying that Amazon is not paying their full share of shipping cost to the USPS and i can see why because one of their cargo planes crashed about 90 miles from me and no one survived.

Esteemed Contributor

If I can get free shipping with another place, I will do it. I am not going to pay high shipping costs because it is a revenue generator. They have deals with shipping companies and we are just adding to their profits. If you need to return, you will end up paying exorbitant fees.  I am not willing to take that risk. I shop in B&M or free shipping sites. I do not want to waste money just to view an item.

Esteemed Contributor

Yep they put the shoe on sale for $5 less and raise shipping to $5.50 from free.  People still buy so they will keep raising it.  I shop Ross & outlets for deals.

Esteemed Contributor

I noticed that once the shoe becomes a "shootie or a bootie"  or a boot the charge is in the double digits. Yes, I understand that it is a larger box but it is not a set of pots and pans. REALLY?:?? I won't order the item because of some inflated S&H charge.

Valued Contributor

Thats why I love Zappos!! Free shipping and free returns! 

Occasional Contributor

Re: Shipping Charges

[ Edited ]

What's so bizarre is that the shipping to our home is  $5.50 BUT the return shipping label is $6.95.  I returnd something recenlty and it only costs me $4.40 to send it with insurance.  May only be a savings of $2.50 but that adds up if you return a lot of things,.   I just don't buy much from them except Christmas time becasue of the S&H charges.

Honored Contributor

@sidewindette wrote:

What's so bizarre is that the shipping to our home is  $5.50 BUT the return shipping label is $6.95.  I returnd something recenlty and it only costs me $4.40 to send it with insurance.  May only be a savings of $2.50 but that adds up if you return a lot of things,.   I just don't buy much from them except Christmas time becasue of the S&H charges.

@sidewindette 

Thinking about the difference in shipping charges ....

When you return something ... there's a bit of work involved.  Someone has to open and inspect, enter the info in the computer, route the item wherever it has to go.  So - several tasks and people are involved.  Each item returned takes special handling at the warehouse.

When it's shipped - they do that in bulk so it's a less expensive operation and probably few people are involved n the process.

Solution would be to be more selective in your ordering.