Honored Contributor

Re: Received Dooney & Bourke Sept. 13th TSV and It's a Winner!

On 8/26/2014 themommy said:

Did QVC change their website? When I search handbags, Dooney and Burke, I only get a list of available items. I no longer get pictures of each items. This makes it impossible to browse.Has this happened to anyone else?

There are problems today with the website.
Super Contributor

Just received the TSV in mushroon - WOW!!! This handbag is stunning in oh so many ways!!! I love the feel of the leather - reminds me of lambskin leather. Very lightweight with plenty of room. Stands up on it's own but soft to the touch. Love the strap! The wallet is a nice extra. It will hold 6 credit cards and also a place for cash, receipts etc. Nice big roomy zip pocket on the backside. The hang charm is cute. I like the tassels. I'm 5'8 of average weight and there is plenty of room in the arm area for heavy winter jackets without me needing to adjust the shoulder strap. The mushroom is a charcoalish/grayish color so looks very sharp against the black. Feet on the bottom. I totally love this hangbag{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

This is the last bag I will get from Q. I ordered it on the 21st and it showed shipped on the 23rd but is still sitting at the warehouse in PA four days later. My EDD is tomorrow. I don't think that will happen. I would cancel if I could.

Regular Contributor

I really think I am going to get the mushroom, but will wait until the presentation. I want to see a little "more" of the bag. Will probably wait up for this one!

Honored Contributor

On 8/26/2014 stevieb said:
On 8/26/2014 EdithEllenLily said:
On 8/26/2014 jaxs mom said:

Mine's going back. I just don't love it, not thrilled with the pebble leather ( I'm a Flo leather girl), it falls off my shoulder and I'm not happy with the wallet. It's basically about 6 card slots and a pocket for cash. That's all. It is a nice sized bag though with good width and appears easy to get into. I only removed it from the outer plastic and just slid the wallet out of the plastic to look at it. I didn't remove all the filling or uncover the strap or tassels. I knew when I saw the leather it wasn't for me.

Jaxs mom: My three TSVs are going back as well. They arrived today, and I carefully opened only the Marine bag the same way you did and was so surprised there was no zip compartment on the back of the wallet for coins! {#emotions_dlg.huh} Do they think we like to jingle-jangle around like men with coins in our pockets? Bummed me out, because otherwise I liked the bag. I didn't mind the European leather, which is lighter/thinner than the pebble leather, and I thought the size was good -- not too large, not too small. Even the red lining with the non-shiny coating wasn't too bad (I still prefer the cotton linings if I could choose). For me, the "deal breaker" was the missing coin zip compartment on the wallet. Regarding color, the Nude was indeed the color of coffee ice cream (rather chic) and the Mushroom was a medium-to-dark grey (again, stylish for this fall). Marine is the darkest blue, darker than Dooney navy (I liked the Marine as my favorite color of this set of three). Well, I have two Florentine Buckley bags coming (Ivy and Marine); I became emotionally involved {#emotions_dlg.wub} with the Buckley when I saw the presentation on the Q, so I hope they are winners upon arrival. Smile

Emotionally involved... Um, EEL, we're talking about bags here!

Wink

Oh, all right, so the scary thing is that I actually get that!

Smile

So your others are going back. Sorry they didn't pan out, but hey, just think about the savings that can now be directed to the Buckly bags! I always had my doubts about that wallet... It just didn't look like it was an actual Dooney wallet... Have to say, I'm getting really tired of all these 'made for QVC' supposed 'deals'!

Can't wait for your green bag to arrive!

Yes, you can't fight City Hall, the government or true love when it happens. Wink My Ivy and Marine Buckleys were shipped today (27th). I will give you the scoop when they arrive.

BTW, you should have seen Mr. Lily leaping out the door with my three, large TSV boxes. He said he wheeled them into the post office with his expandable, metal dolly and didn't mind the line there at all. When he got home, I had to "explain" about ordering the Buckleys, which was easier now that the TSVs went back. I do think he already knew, because I saw him chuckling recently while he was reading something on his phone...he found out how to search by EdithEllenLily and was cracking up at these posts! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Respected Contributor

EEL: sorry the TSV disappointed you. Hopefully the Buckleys will be winners.

Honored Contributor

On 8/27/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

EEL: sorry the TSV disappointed you. Hopefully the Buckleys will be winners.

Thanks for your note, LJ! Smile BTW and OT, I ordered the Perlier Lavender body cream and love it!

Honored Contributor

On 8/27/2014 EdithEllenLily said:
On 8/26/2014 stevieb said:
On 8/26/2014 EdithEllenLily said:
On 8/26/2014 jaxs mom said:

Mine's going back. I just don't love it, not thrilled with the pebble leather ( I'm a Flo leather girl), it falls off my shoulder and I'm not happy with the wallet. It's basically about 6 card slots and a pocket for cash. That's all. It is a nice sized bag though with good width and appears easy to get into. I only removed it from the outer plastic and just slid the wallet out of the plastic to look at it. I didn't remove all the filling or uncover the strap or tassels. I knew when I saw the leather it wasn't for me.

Jaxs mom: My three TSVs are going back as well. They arrived today, and I carefully opened only the Marine bag the same way you did and was so surprised there was no zip compartment on the back of the wallet for coins! {#emotions_dlg.huh} Do they think we like to jingle-jangle around like men with coins in our pockets? Bummed me out, because otherwise I liked the bag. I didn't mind the European leather, which is lighter/thinner than the pebble leather, and I thought the size was good -- not too large, not too small. Even the red lining with the non-shiny coating wasn't too bad (I still prefer the cotton linings if I could choose). For me, the "deal breaker" was the missing coin zip compartment on the wallet. Regarding color, the Nude was indeed the color of coffee ice cream (rather chic) and the Mushroom was a medium-to-dark grey (again, stylish for this fall). Marine is the darkest blue, darker than Dooney navy (I liked the Marine as my favorite color of this set of three). Well, I have two Florentine Buckley bags coming (Ivy and Marine); I became emotionally involved {#emotions_dlg.wub} with the Buckley when I saw the presentation on the Q, so I hope they are winners upon arrival. Smile

Emotionally involved... Um, EEL, we're talking about bags here!

Wink

Oh, all right, so the scary thing is that I actually get that!

Smile

So your others are going back. Sorry they didn't pan out, but hey, just think about the savings that can now be directed to the Buckly bags! I always had my doubts about that wallet... It just didn't look like it was an actual Dooney wallet... Have to say, I'm getting really tired of all these 'made for QVC' supposed 'deals'!

Can't wait for your green bag to arrive!

Yes, you can't fight City Hall, the government or true love when it happens. Wink My Ivy and Marine Buckleys were shipped today (27th). I will give you the scoop when they arrive.

BTW, you should have seen Mr. Lily leaping out the door with my three, large TSV boxes. He said he wheeled them into the post office with his expandable, metal dolly and didn't mind the line there at all. When he got home, I had to "explain" about ordering the Buckleys, which was easier now that the TSVs went back. I do think he already knew, because I saw him chuckling recently while he was reading something on his phone...he found out how to search by EdithEllenLily and was cracking up at these posts! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Glad he's enjoying them! I guess we do have our moments...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I sent my TSV in mushroom/black back today because it was defective. The small zipper on the back wouldn't open at all, and the top zipper was iffy about a smooth opening most of the time. Also, I was very surprised to see a cheap red plastic interior. For nearly $300 you'd think there'd be regular cloth lining to be honest. The bag color was gorgeous and the leather was great. However, with the defects and the plastic lining, I also thought it was a much bigger and heavier bag than anticipated. So...sadly I sent it back. I did include a note explaining why which I hope the powers that be read. I don't want to get "the letter" as I've returned several items lately due to poor sizing (i.e., reading the measurements online doesn't mean the item fits correctly).

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/27/2014 InStitches49 said:

I sent my TSV in mushroom/black back today because it was defective. The small zipper on the back wouldn't open at all, and the top zipper was iffy about a smooth opening most of the time. Also, I was very surprised to see a cheap red plastic interior. For nearly $300 you'd think there'd be regular cloth lining to be honest. The bag color was gorgeous and the leather was great. However, with the defects and the plastic lining, I also thought it was a much bigger and heavier bag than anticipated. So...sadly I sent it back. I did include a note explaining why which I hope the powers that be read. I don't want to get "the letter" as I've returned several items lately due to poor sizing (i.e., reading the measurements online doesn't mean the item fits correctly).

I agree with everything you said about this bag. When I first saw mine in person I couldn't believe how big it was for a hobo bag. The lining is horrible in this bag. Mine was packed up within 10 min of seeing it in person. Just wasn't worth the money. I should be receiving the Buckley bag either tomorrow or Friday and I already know that's the bag I'm keeping. Any time I go with a Florentine bag, it's always been a winner.