Honored Contributor

I do a lot of shopping at Shoes.com as well. I’ve saved a lot of money that way. 

Honored Contributor

@deeva  I love Burkenstocks and own 17 pairs.   I have never paid $100 for them and some are leather and not that faux Berki leather.  They never seem to wear out.  My favorite pair are probably 20 years old.  They are my most comfortable pair too.

Respected Contributor

I only buy shoes, boots and sandals when they are on sale. I will never pay full price when I know there will be great sales at the end of each season.

Honored Contributor

I don't think shoe prices are any different than other types of apparel. If you can find inexpensive shoes that fit you well and are of high quality, more power to you.

Personally, I am willing to spend what I need to spend to have shoes that I can wear comfortably and that I like. After four foot surgeries, I think I deserve it. :-)

That said, I don't recall ever paying more than $200 for a pair of shoes.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I've noticed that shoe prices have increased in Canada too. I think it's a combination of a high U.S. dollar, shoes are imported from asia and the manufacturers are paid in U.S. dollars so the price reflects the added costs and overhead. I also do not buy online shoes anymore as I do not have good luck with fit from online shoe purchases. I wait until end of the season when stores are clearing out shoes. I did get a cute pair of Sam Edelman ballet flats in suede but there's no way I would have every paid full price -- over $150 CDN for them. Around $50 CDN is what I paid.

Honored Contributor

I buy most of my shoes at Off Broadway, TJMaxx, Marshall’s, Stein Mart, or DSW. I rarely spend more than $60 unless it’s for a pair of leather boots. 

Esteemed Contributor

Saw Ryka today on the Q. Seemed reasonable but wondered how they compared to Skechers which I have many and find comfortable even if higher. I don't want ties. Anyone. Will look up Shoes.com. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

It totally baffles me that people buy shoes without trying them on. 

I do agree that shoes, like everything else, are getting more expensive.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

It totally baffles me that people buy shoes without trying them on. 

I do agree that shoes, like everything else, are getting more expensive.

@151949, as a person with a history of foot problems, I agree. But I guess those with "normal" feet might have an easier time buying blind.

Once I do find a shoe that I like, I have no problem ordering another one online

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I agree prices have gone up a lot the past few years but so has clothing!  Maybe the leather price is going up for manufacturers?  I shop at Talbots for my clothing and their prices have really gone up the last few years.  Of course they have constant sales but this just brings the price down to what it should be to begin with!