Honored Contributor

We’re through January and have had 2 major snow storms in NC. Of course, with slow clean up, I’ve barely worn all the suede shoes I purchased...snow boots or at least leather shoes/boots.

Now showing suede again for spring? Even though I spray them for protection, has no one heard of spring showers?

Suede shoes are high upkeep and iffy w/ the weather. What’s up with suede everything....even sandals!

Honored Contributor

I like suede (and nubuck) ... probably more than half of my shoe/boot/sandal collection.

But ... I also have other shoes that I wear when rain is in the forecast (or carry a pair of "rain shoes" in my tote). 

You can ruin leather shoes in the rain as easily as you can ruin suede.

Respected Contributor

I'm not a fan of suede shoes or boots. I found them more difficult to maintain than smooth leather. That was especially true back north where snow, ice, and salt were such a problem. 

Honored Contributor

I am really not a fan of suede either.... Woman Indifferent

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I love suede.  When the weather is bad I wear something else; outside at least.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I like suede (and nubuck) ... probably more than half of my shoe/boot/sandal collection.

But ... I also have other shoes that I wear when rain is in the forecast (or carry a pair of "rain shoes" in my tote). 

You can ruin leather shoes in the rain as easily as you can ruin suede.

@ALRATIBA  Love the look of suede myself, but also have older leather shoes for bad weather.

Honored Contributor

Love the rich color you can get from suede.  They're also softer.  Love mine but mI don't fet them wet.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Finally I see an advantage to living in a drought area.  This winter has been suede-every-day, if that's what you want to wear.  Now if I could just figure out how to keep the dog hair off of my black suede loafers.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

wrote:

Finally I see an advantage to living in a drought area.  This winter has been suede-every-day, if that's what you want to wear.  Now if I could just figure out how to keep the dog hair off of my black suede loafers.

@@Kachina624You always make me laugh! 😂

Respected Contributor

wrote:

Me too! There are many reasons I love the desert. Now I've added another one. Suede all year! It's my material of choice for shoes. Especially sandals. Love the softness and color saturation.