Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Poll for preferred Roma 2

Is the blush really ballet slipper color, if you are familiar with that? If not, that would be a light pink with just a smidge of peach. I would love that...I got a Dooney Clayton in pink and do not like it...too bright and dark. Looking for the perfect pink. if I like the bag style enough, I might get the ostrich, blush and lizard, and pick one of them. You really can't tell without eyes and hands on. I will try very hard to stick to 2 or 3 total. I already have an Aimee bag in tie dyed python which is dark cream with a subtle gold...so that covers the ivory ostrich and snake. No pink bags in my wardrobe, nothing like the ostrich, and since I usually don't like brown, nothing like the lizard. This should really be the end of my purse addiction I love really big bags and the clincher for me is the snap that was added and the long strap.
On 6/20/2014 grandma r said:

My favorite is the natural ostrich. I purchased it the first go round. This time I purchased the blush (borrowed by one of my daughter's) and it is lovely. I am currently using the cream snake. However, I am really longing for the black. The pictures look so rich.

Super Contributor

On 6/20/2014 nowpurple said:

I only purchased one - the black and I love it. I am considering the natural ostrich. I also really like and am considering purchasing "the espresso (solid, non exotic)" mentioned by stevieb - but isn't this the bag that has the problem with the handles cracking?

I think this color was offered in the cracking handles version, though obviously not all of those bags had problems. I'm sure we'll see the Roma 2 in new colors at some point. Now would be good.
Contributor

Nikalette, the blush is just like a perfect ballet slipper pink. I was taking my dd to dance one day and her slippers were up against my bag and I realized that's why I love the blush so much! Reminds me of her ballet slippers. I also have cream snake and natural ostrich. Cream snake and blush were my first two. They arrived in perfect condition. My first natural ostrich was defective. Had one really dark leather panel and some paint splotches. Just received my new natural ostrich and thankfully, it looks good. No complaints. So I am very happy to have 3 beautiful bags. They each have their own personality so I can't pick a favorite. I can only say right now natural ostrich is my fave because I'm using it as my everyday bag and enjoying every second of if. I feel it's a bag I don't have to worry about too much. Definitely a workhorse. But the other two are just as amazing, IMO Smiley Happy)
Super Contributor

I wonder if conditioning the handles, or sealing them, would prevent cracking. Sometimes perspiration can be damaging to leather and to jewelry, depending on your body chemistry. Maybe that's why some people,have the problem and others don't.
Valued Contributor

I only have the Cream Snake which I really like... I wanted the Natural Ostrich but I don't want to keep having to return them due to streaking. So - until I read that this issue seems to be going away - I will wait.

Valued Contributor

I bought the blush, black and ivory ostrich. Of all them, the one that made me almost gasp upon opening was the ivory. It is gorgeous and I had ordered mostly as an afterthought. The blush and black were my first choices. The black had to be exchanged because the tassel was a mess. I finally returned the blush because I could not get the smell out of it. The black replacement arrived and it's fine. It will be a winter work horse bag. But when I carry the ivory ostrich, I always get compliments.

Valued Contributor

I purchased the ivory ostrich and I have worn her every day since I received her. It is a stunning bag and I've received many compliments. It is not heavy for a leather bag, unlike the DB bags. I didn't train her nor do I use an organizer, I can get to everything easily and I appreciate the strap and the ability to make her a cross body. I'm 5'4" and wear small/medium and I think the size is perfect, holds what I need it to. My friend has the cream snake and that is a stunner also and very, very soft. If I got a second, I would have to toss a coin! They are all beautiful, love the tassel.
Honored Contributor

On 6/20/2014 nowpurple said:

I only purchased one - the black and I love it. I am considering the natural ostrich. I also really like and am considering purchasing "the espresso (solid, non exotic)" mentioned by stevieb - but isn't this the bag that has the problem with the handles cracking?

This is from the last Roma II go 'round, but mine has not developed that problem. Keeping in mind this bag has come out in three versions to date, exclusive of the large version.

It's nice that they keep improving this bag, but it's also really unfortunate they didn't get it right the first time. Of all of them, note my favorite is the ivory. Not only is that because it's a beauty, but also because it's the most recent purchase, so it has the best closure. Although the earlier 'medium' incarnation also had a magnet closure, it wasn't shaped quite the same as the Roma II, but is still beautiful. It would be nice to see them bring out all the colors (and more) in the latest improved model. The espresso color though is absolutely rich and beautiful.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

On 6/20/2014 Nikalette said:Is the blush really ballet slipper color, if you are familiar with that? If not, that would be a light pink with just a smidge of peach. I would love that...I got a Dooney Clayton in pink and do not like it...too bright and dark. Looking for the perfect pink. if I like the bag style enough, I might get the ostrich, blush and lizard, and pick one of them. You really can't tell without eyes and hands on. I will try very hard to stick to 2 or 3 total. I already have an Aimee bag in tie dyed python which is dark cream with a subtle gold...so that covers the ivory ostrich and snake. No pink bags in my wardrobe, nothing like the ostrich, and since I usually don't like brown, nothing like the lizard. This should really be the end of my purse addiction I love really big bags and the clincher for me is the snap that was added and the long strap.
On 6/20/2014 grandma r said:

My favorite is the natural ostrich. I purchased it the first go round. This time I purchased the blush (borrowed by one of my daughter's) and it is lovely. I am currently using the cream snake. However, I am really longing for the black. The pictures look so rich.

Go for that black it is scrumptious leather!!!!

Super Contributor

I bought the black and metallic already, they are coming Monday. I agree the black looks beautiful, and my only other black bag is he Dooney tab satchel, which is very businesslike. today I broke down and got the natural ostrich and blush. I already have a very light AImee, ivory python, which I love, so I can't justify the ivory ostrich. The last time I bought multiple purses was the domed multi-compartment Tignanello. A great handbag, but no long strap, and for my current style, too small. Bought about 8 of them, mostly as is. It holds everything even though it is small. I think I can get a good price on Ebay...looks like the Q is phasing them out.