Honored Contributor

Re: Need help/recs dressy low height shoes

Check out Footsmart.com

Also Easyspirit.com

Both have lots of styles and sizes.

Contributor

I wanted to send a thank you for the sites you recommended. Sorry for my tardy reply, I just recently moved. Thanks again for your help😊

Honored Contributor

@luvmyfrenchie, you might check out Trotters shoes. They have many low-heeled dress shoes from which to choose.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

Suzyq,

Finally setting in. Would like to ask you a ? Re:Trotters shoes,are they made w/real leather.? Love your puppy pic,what's your baby's name,l have a French bulldog puppy named Penny,  & love dogs!! I'm not tech savvy or would post her photo.

Thanks again for the tips.Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@kms wrote:

Suzyq,

Finally setting in. Would like to ask you a ? Re:Trotters shoes,are they made w/real leather.? Love your puppy pic,what's your baby's name,l have a French bulldog puppy named Penny,  & love dogs!! I'm not tech savvy or would post her photo.

Thanks again for the tips.Smiley Very Happy

Hi, @luvmyfrenchie. I came across this brand when looking for just what you're looking for -- decent-looking low-heeled dress shoes. It is somewhat of an oxymoron, though, because most are in what might be called the "comfort" type. I have bad feet, so I know that I won't end up with the most trendy. But that's okay.

Anyway, Trotters gets very good reviews and is sold both online (many sites, including their own) and some department stores (Nordstrom, for one). Their regular line of shoes has leather uppers and usually non-leather inside and on the soles. The descriptions of both the inside and the soles sound very comfortable.

Then they have what they call their Signature line, which is all leather inside and out. The retail price on these is higher.

If you google the name of the brand, you can check out their website to get an idea of what the brand is like. If you see something you're interested in and can't find it locally, I'd suggest buying from an online site that offers free returns. Several of those do carry this brand.

FYI about the brand:

From its very beginning in 1935, Trotters has been dedicated to creating high-quality women's footwear with appealing looks and exceptional comfort. Our first shoes were moccasins made by Native American craftspeople in Old Town, Maine, where we still maintain a distribution center. The unique comfort of Trotters begins with our careful choice of materials: the softest leathers, high-tech cushioning and flexible soles. And unlike many companies, we develop a separate last (the form around which the leather is shaped) for each size and width. So every pair feels like it was made just for you.

We Fit Your Style

The Trotters name has always stood for the finest in quality, fit and style. All of our shoes are handcrafted using the finest leathers from around the world, with special detail given to quality and softness.

We are commited to providing you with a wide range of sizes and widths in order to ensure the finest fitting shoes that you can buy. We think you will agree that your Trotters shoes feel and look like they were made especially for you.

HTH.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

Dear Suzyq,

Thanks again for the great info. Have chronic lower back pain + nurse feet so I can sympathize re:your foot pain. Hoping I can check out this brand next week at Nordstroms.Again,thanks for your great info about these shoes & shoe recs.

Honored Contributor

@luvmyfrenchie, you're very welcome.

Of course, selection will vary greatly depending upon the individual store. But Nordstrom does have 83 Trotters shoes online, and they are one of the stores that offer free ship/free return. If you happen to see a style you're interested in either in person or online, though, you might google to see whether you can get a better price. I think, however, that the brand is fairly moderately priced, certainly nothing outrageous.