Contributor

Re: My ROMA GiLi 2 Has Arrived!

OMGosh I haven't posted here in forever, since going to the forum that shall remain unnamed!

Received the blush today, and it is perfect, and a keeper. Leather is beautiful, perfectly pebbled all around. She is a little stinky, but I think she will air out nicely. Still waiting for the cream snake, and anxious to get her! All in all, I think the value is there, and if the size doesn't prove to be too large for me, she's a keeper!

Frequent Contributor

On 5/21/2014 waterbaby said:
On 5/21/2014 tloinga said:

I am doing the happy dance!

I received my ivory today. I love it. It was packaged so nicely with the dust cover, etc. For me, this color is year round and the bag is not to big or heavy for me. I sold two DB Florentine satchels a year ago because they were well over 3 lbs before putting anything in them, the handles were way too small and the opening was short. it is a stunning bag but so not practical for me.

I love DB, Coach and MK and I have been carrying one of three DB Vanessa bags. One is black for winter and the other two are cream/vachetta and the new white and black. They are large but very light, I also do not carry that much and by no means fill the bag.

Compared to the coated cotton, I paid $235 each, this Roma 2 is soft, gorgeous, so European and yes, I would compare it to the DB Montecatini Diamond Shopper that I had and returned because it was defective. That bag was one big hole, no pockets but one small zipper, and was $535!

So, I will train her on the go, I have moved in and will start tomorrow showing her all around Atlanta!

Congrats to all who received their bags and wear in good health!

YIPPEE!!!!! I'm so happy for you! I knew you'd love it! Congrats!!

I loaded up my snake and showed her a few sights around ATL today. LOL!!

I got several compliments on her! 2 from the SA's at the Coach boutique. They couldn't believe the quality of the bag.

Enjoy!!

I believe our Romas need to meet and talk about the places they have been! We must do lunch....meet halfway between you and me. I'm not sure you can access my email though my preferences but I hope you can...we Roma lovers need to stick togetherSmiley Happy

LOL!! I think our Romas do need to meet and talk!! I tried to get to your preferences but it took me to my preferences. Are you on the purse forum? I'm on there as tlo. They allow you to send messages.

Contributor

Love mine but I wish the inner dimensions of the zippered pocket would be larger. I carry a 8x4.5 wallet and strongly prefer for my wallet to be secured. I may bring it to a handbag repair place to see if they can enlarge the zippered pocket.

Love the bag.

Respected Contributor

I received the Blush and the Cream Snake today. The Blush bag has an odor, and I'm hoping that will go away (gives me a bit of a headache).

Both bags are gorgeous. However, I haven't been carrying heavy bags in some time. I loaded the Cream Snake with the stuff I had in my other bag, and it's pretty heavy for me to carry. (I have back problems, and I'm worried a heavy bag will make those problems worse.)

I think I might return these, and order a black, if I need to carry more than my everyday items. I think the black will be more practical for me, and I see that the black is still available.

Honored Contributor

To the OP ---- Training? Putting it through the paces?

Is this a handbag ... or a new puppy?

Occasional Contributor

My black Roma tote arrived today. I am thrilled with it. Ordered the black as I don't have a really good black handbag and this meets my needs just fine. Checked it over and everything is done well. Seems not too many ladies ordered the black but I must say it is striking and screams chic. Very happy with my purchase.

Respected Contributor

On 5/21/2014 Lady Lassie said:

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} My black Roma tote arrived today. I am thrilled with it. Ordered the black as I don't have a really good black handbag and this meets my needs just fine. Checked it over and everything is done well. Seems not too many ladies ordered the black but I must say it is striking and screams chic. Very happy with my purchase.

I got my black one today, too!!

Valued Contributor

I thought this was the purse forum...All about handbags....if I am missing something please give me a link or something...look forward to hearing from you. Fran

Honored Contributor

I thought this was the purse forum...All about handbags....if I am missing something please give me a link or something...look forward to hearing from you. Fran

This is the Q's purse forum, but there's a forum called 'the purse forum' with many different forums for various brands and many, many threads for each forum. Just Google 'the purse forum' and you'll find it. The Dooney forum here used to be far more active, but after a series of changes made by the Q and their moderators, a number of member deletions, etc., many of the former members here moved over there to their Dooney forum.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

On 5/21/2014 stevieb said:

This is the Q's purse forum, but there's a forum called 'the purse forum' with many different forums for various brands and many, many threads for each forum. Just Google 'the purse forum' and you'll find it. The Dooney forum here used to be far more active, but after a series of changes made by the Q and their moderators, a number of member deletions, etc., many of the former members here moved over there to their Dooney forum.

Thank you so much, I'll search for it.