Occasional Contributor

Watching Susan Graver show now and couldn't help but notice that where are the MEDIUM size models which I'm sure a lot of ladies fall in that category. I absolutely don't have a problem with the larger ladies, petite ladies etc., but they need to have a average size and height model

Esteemed Contributor

I agree.  They always have XXS or XS, then large and Xlarge or 1X.

Rarely do we see  S or M models.  I guess we are supposed to extrapolate in our minds to see how it will fit.  But in all fairness, the studio would be too crowded if they had one model for every size.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Re: Model sizes

[ Edited ]

This should be in the fasion forum not shoes.  They do have average size models (whatever average size is).  They do a good job at showing all sizes.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

For me, focusing on the height doesn't really help.  The garment lengths are usually given.  Sizing and the way the garment fits the model are more important.  I would like to see each size represented.

Occasional Contributor

Yes I know,I didn't intend for it to be in "shoes" ! I'm new to this as you can see, and I didn't know how to correct it. We all make mistakes!    This morning when I watched I didn't see ONE medium being modeled

Respected Contributor

Welcome to the boards.

Honored Contributor

Welcome @Westcliff 

Honored Contributor

SG likes the very tall models to show her clothes, IMO she grudgingly allows the petite model to show the clothes when she offers petite sizing. I agree with you that everyone should be represented. I won't buy any fashion if I don't see it on a petite model, the average ladies should do the same. I think you'd see how fast they's have someone 5ft5 size med. on air.