Respected Contributor

I'm particularily thinking of Rothy"s but how about other washable shoes. Cold water? spray on cleaner? Results?

Esteemed Contributor

I occasionally wash my Minnetonka slipper/slides in cold water on a gentle or casual clothes cycle. I don't put them in the dryer - just air dry.

Honored Contributor

I wash my Nikes & Skechers in the machine on permenant press cycle & air dry on the window sill. Smiley Very Happy

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

I've washed my Ryka and JBU sandals for years.  Washer on delicate and air dry, easy peasy, clean sandals!

Honored Contributor

Many of the Propet leather athletic shoes are machine washable. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Easy Spirit "clogs".....have put in regular dark clothes wash cycle and air dried for years.  Insert liners go in with the bleach cycle and air dry very quickly....they get washed weekly.

No harm done to the slip ones: have been doing this for years.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

I wash my Brooks and Sketchers  and husband's Asics without problem.  I remove laces and use Shout on any stubborn spots.  Laces go in laundry bag. I use the perm press cycle. 

Esteemed Contributor

@granddi. I regularly my Bzees.  Machine was on permanent press and air dry.  The cone out like new.

Honored Contributor

I wash my sneakers in the machine quite often.  I put each shoe in a lingerie bag.  I will spray them with Shout and put them on the gentle cycle in warm water.  When done, I let them air dry.   

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Contributor

Instead of washing the entire shoe, I pull out the inserts and wash in the top rack of dishwasher.  Might sound strange but my shoes tend to 'smell' on the inside.  I do this with my vionic inserts, and pull out the ryka and any other shoe that has removeable inserts.  For me, works like a charm.

Or, I put a few pairs of inserts in a lingerie bag, and throw in the washer with aload of clothes that are doing on the delicate cycle.

Now if you walk in mud and need the exterior of the shoe washed, sure the washer is good.

Just my two cents... not worth much.