Frequent Contributor
As I read as is reviews, I always read that the key fobs are missing. Why? How many key fobs does one woman need? Mine sit in the drawer as I have one on my key chain.
Honored Contributor
I think it has little to do with "needing" it. I would think if you paid for it, you'd want to receive it with your bag.
Frequent Contributor
Maybe I am not being clear. If a bag comes missing the key fob , where is it ? A customer return that is missing the accessories has a good chance they were kept instead of being returned with the bag. Why do people keep key fobs? I would prefer the choice of buying with or without the key fob. They are made cheaply now and I don't need one with every bag. It seems, according to as is, they are being kept instead of being with the bag. Maybe I should stick to my local outlet and purchase only what I want.
Honored Contributor
On 1/27/2015 momjules said: Maybe I am not being clear. If a bag comes missing the key fob , where is it ? A customer return that is missing the accessories has a good chance they were kept instead of being returned with the bag. Why do people keep key fobs? I would prefer the choice of buying with or without the key fob. They are made cheaply now and I don't need one with every bag. It seems, according to as is, they are being kept instead of being with the bag. Maybe I should stick to my local outlet and purchase only what I want.

Ah, gotcha now.

Honored Contributor

They are probably being stolen and sold...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Agree... Would love to have the option of a lower price and fewer of the typically cut-rate accessories... Can't tell you how many key fobs I've got and I use none of them... Besides, they keep watering the 'free' accessories down... The kiss lock coin purse is the only thing currently offered I'd like to have, but I bought it separately (and it is available elsewhere) rather than get saddled with a bag I don't want just to get one...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
On 1/27/2015 lovestoteach said:

They are probably being stolen and sold...

Quoting myself here... please excuse. The Dooney co needs to know that this is happening and it makes me ill. I have purchased a couple of key fobs b/c I am collecting them. However, I may not ever purchase the fobs again (from questionable sources) if these are being stolen and then sold.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

One TSV came without the small bag and fob, and I assumed (from the look of it) it was an early order-return. I returned it as defective.

The new fobs are not the two-layer sewn fobs anymore. Cheaper stamped leather. I still like them but not as much. The fobs are nice. I use them every day.