Super Contributor

I buy multiples most of the time if I really like a shoe. I've done that for years ... ever since I read an article that alternating two pairs of the same shoe will give you the wearing life of three pairs.

Frequent Contributor

Not weird. If i find some that fit well and are comfortable, i will buy more than one pair.

When I brooke my leg last year, the EMS folks cut my favorite riding boot off my leg. I was devastated! As soon as I was able to, I bought another pair, exact same boot, same color, same size. These have been oiled more than the originals, maybe because I appreciate them so much. They are Ariat Ropers, distressed brown. I also own them in Sunset and Black.

For work, I like B.O.C. clogs, and own black, tooled brown, tooled grey, leopard, navy and red patent leather. I generally wear slacks and sweater sets, so they're perfect and my feet don't get fatigued in them.

Honored Contributor

I buy multiples all the time (in different colors.) I do this with clothing and handbags too. If I find a style of something that really works for me I grab it in a few colors.

Respected Contributor

Not to me it is. When I find a pair of shoes that I absolutely love, I always buy two. Once I bought 3 of the same shoe that I have worn to death and I was so happy to have back-up pairs. Usually it is the color I wear the most. I do this with Isaac's cardigans also as I wear them constantly in the fall/winter. If I really love a piece of clothing I will buy it in every color.

Respected Contributor

Footwear is a challenge for me. Yes, I've been known to buy two pairs of shoes or boots and I wear one and put one up on the shelf for next year...or the year after.

Respected Contributor

Definitely not weird! I buy multiples of something I like.

Honored Contributor
When I buy multiples I usually soon find something else I like even better.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I've done that many times!

Esteemed Contributor

I used to do the all the time.

Guess what? I opened my closet (one I don't use much) and found I had about 100 same style shoes that I will never wear now because I'm old and don't go anywhere anymore

I forgot I had them all. What a shame.

Esteemed Contributor
On 12/16/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

Definitely not weird! I buy multiples of something I like.

I do too. I've been doing that for many years. Not only with clothing, but with appliances and other things too.

If I really love something (my flat iron, my coffeemaker), I like to know that I have a spare. And with clothing, I often buy two of something I like. If the fit is good and if I know it's versatile, I buy it in different colors.

Just last week I found a sweater that I love, so I got one in black & one in purple. And a casual fleece top - one in navy & one in black. I'm pretty fussy when it comes to style & finding something I feel confident in, so I almost always buy more than one. I think that makes a lot of sense!

Kiss