Respected Contributor

Re: Is Anyone Getting the TSV?

On 7/17/2014 Knitgirly said:

I totally agree with you Grammarqueen- I loved the old JavaBlue and Symphony in Hue, a bit more subtle. These gigantic, loud florals are not appealing. Also not paying $60 for a tote with no zipper- Sorry, not a value in my opinion.

Amen,sisters! I love the concept of fabric bags.I own a few in the night owl (retired) because I love owls and I like the subdued pattern these giant patterns,neon loud multi color combo patterns are just not my thing. I like my owl pieces so much. I would buy if the prints were not so in your face and so oddly colored.

Super Contributor

I got Africa Violet. I like that pattern because it'll be good to wear year rond and should pretty much go with anything I wear.

I love the Pink Swirls, but am afraid it is too summery. However, I am thinking about the new backpack and that will no doubt be in the Pink Swirls pattern for sure!!

Pepper, hugs to you and all of your family! <3

Frequent Contributor

I really like the shape of the bag, but, I need a zip top, and I'm not really liking any of the new patterns.

Super Contributor

I really liked the ziggy bag, but think I will pass. My local outlet has me spoiled and I know it's just a matter of time before this new color pattern shows up there.
Respected Contributor

Because of nerve damage in one of my arms, I now like to wear crossbody bags. I have several Vera patterns in the Large Hipster. I notice QVC has listed a new version of the Large Hipster, with outside zippers. I may order one of those in a new pattern (not sure which one I will order yet, and they'll probably sell out while I'l gone today).

Contributor

I thought "are you KIDDING me?" TWO POCKETS inside a VB tote - handbag? This design is the dumbed down version of the pocketed, organized interiors that made Vera Bradley the brand it is.

This TSV tote is like an imposter of the used-to-be GREAt, VB designs!

YESSSSS, it's "light weight" alright - because the POCKETS ARE MISSING on the interior of this bag. Obviously, to keep the price point for a TSV DOWN, the organization was sacrificed. Also, with no pockets to secure the content, a light-weight snap closure really doesn't work for me. It becomes just a flimsy cotton sack that will tip over (with it's narrow base) and SPILL. Not even a firm bottom ??? Who are they kidding? Not me!

So sad to see another great company let their customers DOWN. Vera Bradley is so popular there's just no excuse.

PS: To above poster! Check out GRAIN BRAIN (book) to eliminate inflammatory conditions, throughout one's body! Nerve damage may disappear! I only eat grain-free and have experienced healing miracles - quickly!

DM Tiara

Contributor

deercreek - I too ordered the African Violets print. Then I realized that I would not be able to really USE this bag. I cancelled. I think it's adorable looking, too! Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

I didn't order the TSV because there had been a big sale on the site about a week ago. I got 2 laptop carry all totes (1 in Heather and 1 in Venetian Paisley) for $44 each. QVC has them listed at $94 and the VB site has them at $60.

Enjoy the new colors for those of you loving them! I am a little disappointed in the new patterns, but I know that there are a lot of pink and purple ladies out there!

Esteemed Contributor

I love the African Violet, but I passed on the TSV because of the magnetic closure. I need my zippers. I also need pockets, and lots of them!

I will wait for a sale or check eBay and will get a bag with a zipper in the African Violet. I think the pattern is gorgeous. Then again, I do love the Pink Swirls too.

Interesting tidbit: the Pink Swirls is the exact same pattern as Heather, only in different colors. Other exact patterns in different colors include Blue Bayou and Citron, and Fanfare and Julep Tulip. The colors make them look totally different!

I hope you all enjoy your new purchases. Usually I'm so weak, but I'm staying strong this time {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

I am passing, as this bag does not suit my needs, but will get a different style when I see one I like. My favorite of the 3 new patterns is the Ziggy Zinnia. Love VB.