Respected Contributor

Intricately Beaded Sneakers

[ Edited ]

The intricate embellishment on these sneakers is done with glass beads. They are from Farm Rio and on the Anthropologie website.

image.png

Honored Contributor

Re: Intricately Beaded Sneakers

They seem rather impractical on a shoe that takes as much wear and tear as a sneaker or athletic shoe.  They have to be rather fragile as does the way they're applied. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I'm pretty sure these sneakers weren't intended for athletics, but rather more for their aesthetic and style values. The appreciation of them lies in the creativity, craftsmanship, and design as applied to fashion, wearablility, and vintage inspiration. They're lovely for those who can wear them.

Respected Contributor

They are $189.00, which I think is reasonable for all that bead work.  Not that I'd buy them.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

They seem rather impractical on a shoe that takes as much wear and tear as a sneaker or athletic shoe.  They have to be rather fragile as does the way they're applied. 

@Kachina624     Maybe they're for "Prom"..........(!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I think they might go well with outfits like these:

(also found on the Anthropologie website)

Maeve Paola Flounced Midi Dress product page

Eugenia Cardigan product page

Ruffled Eyelet Jumpsuit product page

Farm Rio Beaded Sneakers product page

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a fan of sneakers and only wear them once in a blue moon, but these sneakers seem like they might be heavy with all of the beading, or at the least very inflexible when walking. Other than that, they just look plain klunky to me! Just my opinion. Kudos to those who like or buy them!