New Contributor

I am a 37 year customer of QVC.  I don't understand how I ordered 2 pairs of sandals which showed "in stock", order went thru but 2 days later I get an email saying they're out of stock and will notify me if they get them soon. Meanwhile that was a week ago and website still shows these sandals, my size and color " in stock".  I think this is very deceptive.  The old QVC would have listed Waitlist if they didn't have them in stock. This seems like a way to get orders even though they don't have the items...and to not admit that up front and to keep showing they're in stock is insulting and a bad business practice in my opinion.  Checked again just now and always shower  IN STOCK. 

Respected Contributor

@Aldeela  That sounds crazy!!!  I'm curious - what did they say when you called them?

Respected Contributor

It’s either is there or it isn’t.  I had a pair of pants go processing to back order about 5 times before they DID ship.  Sometimes I wonder if the stock is due in, so they say in stock, when it might not be in for a week.  It was almost funny.  About 10 days, processing, back order, every day.  I did want the pants, and glad they finally shipped.  

Valued Contributor

Maybe it's some kind of technical glitch instead of a plot to deceive customers. Did you try emailing customer service directly at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com?

Honored Contributor

This is quite common with QVC and they have been doing that for a few years.  Shows in stock, but after the item is purchased it might say "advanced order," "backordered", or "waitlist."

They are selling products that are not in stock.  They probably have not received their orders from the manufacturer. 

Honored Contributor

I have said this before but IMO it is deceptive for QVC or any shopping channel to sell items that are not ready to ship out.  If they are waiting to receive items from a manufacturer, they should not be selling it until they have it.  

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I have said this before but IMO it is deceptive for QVC or any shopping channel to sell items that are not ready to ship out.  If they are waiting to receive items from a manufacturer, they should not be selling it until they have it. 

or tell you that it is back ordered. I do this on Lands end, to get the good coupon price. Item always comes in.

Occasional Contributor

I have had similar experiences . try famous footwear ive had no problems there.

Honored Contributor

This is what I call a hit and run post.  (New poster, complaint, never to return.)

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

I always order a tsv at midnight & still get emails saying advanced order.  I remember when Q would say if it's not in the warehouse they can't sell.