Honored Contributor

If You've Worn Earth Brand Shoes A While

If you have worn one pair as your "main" pair over a year or season, how do they hold up?  Is the foot bed still as nice?

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: If You've Worn Earth Brand Shoes A While

I have a couple of pairs of boots that I bought shortly after lthey came on QVC and before they launched their higher-end shoes.  They're ok, not the best but not the worst either.  I have enjoyed them and they've lasted but I don't wear them day in and day out and can only wear them a short while during the year and not through our winter (they get soaked and they don't track well on ice and snow)...  so, although for the most part the brand fits me (I've had some that didn't), they aren't my go-to brand.

I much prefer Alegria.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I bought two pairs of one style of knee-high boot when they were a TSV several years ago, when I was still working, and wore those boots to work a lot, standing all day on concrete floors.  They held up very, very well, and I still wear them to this day, though not as often, as I'm retired and wear house slippers or hiking shoes, inside or out, all but one or two days a week.  With the coming of fall and the rains again, those boots will again get a workout for shopping or movies or dinners out, I am sure.  I love my Earth brand boots!

Frequent Contributor

I have worn my sandals for a month, and already the inner sole is loose and falling apart. My last pair of Earth Brand!!

Honored Contributor

I don't think Earth Brand holds up any better or less than any other higher quality brand shoe. I bought their Kalso brand sandal last summer and wore them everyday, even in the garden, they look pretty rough, but I'm still wearing them this summer. Any shoe you wear everyday is not going to last for long.

Esteemed Contributor

I have many, many pairs of Birkenstocks/Birkies/Betula --- which I have been wearing for 5 to 13 years --- and they're all perfect. It's not good for ur feet to wear the same shoes day in and day out. My shoes last a very long time. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't see Earth Brand shoes wvery much in Canada. I sometimes see them at Winners but I think that the Shoe Warehouse stores have some Earth brand shoes. I was also at a Walk with Ronsons shoe store at Metrotown mall in Burnaby B.C. and that store had so e cute Earth shooties but at nearly $80 CDN on clearance, I don't know.

Edited to add that I went to another Walk with Ronsons shoe store today that had some Earth brand shoes in the shootie style and they were not very comfortable. The footbed had sewn in padding under the heel but I could feel the thread edges that stiched those pads into place. Also the ankle area leather was too stiff and thick and not very soft when walking around the store, it dug into my ankle bones so I would not have bought those shoes even though they fit in the forefoot and the sizing was OK. I felt that the leather quality wasn't up to my standards.

I do have a couple of pairs of Earth ballet flats with cross straps that are comfortable. I have had those shoes for more than a year and I would buy them again. I know at the time I bought them at Winners that QVC sold them too but I think they have been discontinued. They have a removable footbed that is somewhat orthotic but the footbed is not hard as a rock like Vionic.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a few pair of Earth boots and sandals.  The heels hold up fine as well as the traction/non slip soles. The foot bed are decent. I think it depends how long and how much wear they get and if you are wearing them barefoot or with a sock/hose. I've noticed that with all the other brands. Bare feet on the the soft saude like footbeds seems to wear more with barefeet than with a sock. I just put those mini liners (foot petals) in mine and they are fine.   

Honored Contributor

This may help, or maybe not.  I had ordered a pair of suede, round toe, comfy looking shoes --  talk about blisters.  I ended up finally giving them away and never bought another pair of Earth shoes in any style.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I have Earth wedge sandals and I love them.  They are so comfy and look cute.  I have worn them quite a bit this summer and they still look new.  I also have a pair of Earth sandals and wear them almost every day.  They still look like new too, and are so comfortable.  My Earth ankle boots are also very comfortable and look new, wore them last fall and winter.  They were my 1st pair of Earth Brand, that is what convienced me to buy the others.  I will being ording more Earth in the future.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)