Honored Contributor

I just can't wear shoes without toes. Yesterday I was working around the house wearing vionic flip flops and today I have 2 sores on my toes where I bumped them because I wasn't wearing shoes with toes. What is the matter with how I walk?I've had a lot of orthopedic surgery and then lots of PT and no one ever told me I don't walk right. But this happens every time I wear shoes without toes. boo hoo - I want to wear pretty shoes like everyone else.

Honored Contributor

That makes me think of the James Bond movie and the woman with the pointed (?Knives) in her shoes.  Ouch!!! Don't advise that though.Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

For everyday wear I buy Keen sandals - they have a rubber bumper toe. I also got a pair of earth orgins Nellie sandals - they are pretty and very comfy and the toes are covered. Unfortunately, all they had in my size was yellow.

Respected Contributor

Nothing is wrong with the way you walk. This is why most shoes have closed toes. It wasn't an accidental development. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: I wonder why this is.

[ Edited ]

@151949  I have the same problem so I only wear birkenstock sandals or similarly made ones that have a cupped footbed that keeps the toes reigned in and protected. 

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland  I live in Florida - very rare do we see closed toe shoes in the shoe stores here. I have a couple pair of closed toe espadrilles in sand & black that I wear for dress. Hard to find here.

Honored Contributor

@151949  Just a thought.... fisherman sandals.  I just searched the word fisherman at 6pm dot com and then filtered out 'women'.

You can get them sporty

PAIR

A little dressier

PAIR

Kinda middle of the road - sorta dressy, sorta casual

PAIR

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: I wonder why this is.

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama I have a pair just like the first picture in blue from Keen. Rubber bumper toes. Not really what you'd call pretty though.

Honored Contributor

@151949  correct, first shoe is a Keen.  

Honored Contributor

@151949  That's why I included the shoe with the low wedge.  It covers the toes, looks summery and the wedge adds a little something :-)