Honored Contributor

I miss the old fashioned fabric Skechers Go Walks

[ Edited ]

I miss the old fashioned fabric Skechers Go Walks. The newer upper materials are a rough texture and always rub and scratch my skin and they collect dirt. I still wear my first pair of Skechers as by slippers. Nothing beats them for comfort. No rubbing my skin, no blisters, no slipping off

at the heel and they are cool and comfortable in all weather. I sure wish the company would make them again. 

Honored Contributor

Re: I miss the old fashioned fabric Skechers Go Walks

@Mindy D    I found a gold mine at my house today.  I was rummaging and found 2 pairs of older Sketches Go-Walks.  The were both still in boxes with stuffing inside them, unworn.  One is bright coral, the other a wild tie dye similar to this week's TSV.  I don't care for the poly knit shoes either.  I think they're hot.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I agree... I'm wearing a pair today that are probably one of the first pair I bought many years ago...have worn so long one actually has a hole in it. They just don't make them that way now.

Honored Contributor

I was having trouble finding a couple pair of casual shoes and tried the Go walks.   They rubbed at the back of my heel, so I tried their slip on "mules".  Turned out to be the most comfortable shoe of my entire life! 

If I could, I'd buy a dozen pair to last me for the rest of my life .... I hope.   

You know what comes next ....

And, of course, they no longer make them.

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D ~ For me, it's the Skechers Go Walk Super Sock.

Wish they would bring them back.

Respected Contributor

Agree.  I have two pair of GoWalks that I've had for a few years now and they still look great and more importantly, they are so comfortable I don't hesitate to wear them if I'm going to be walking a lot.

Respected Contributor

I wonder if they had to change the upper fabric in order to make and say they are washable.

Personally, a spot wash if necessary was enough for me and still is.

New Contributor

I so agree!!! I would pay anything to have a few new pairs of those original go-walks. I still wear my originals, but they are falling apart.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree....they are certainly more comfortable than the new ones!