Frequent Contributor

I don't know if this bothers any one else, but this is a total turn off when Jane puts her bare feet into all of the shoes to try on.  Even in shoe stores  they provide little hoisery socks to put on before you try on the shoes.  You know they will put those back to sell.   I wish people would have not only common sense, but  think what you are doing beore millions of people who are watching the hyginiety(sp) that is not there.  Thanks for letting me vent how I feel.

Honored Contributor

Re: I do not watch

[ Edited ]

I totally agree.  What happens with all of these uthat she puts on her bare feet?  Do they box them up and send them to some lucky person?  Does Jane buy every pair she tried on?  Why does she do this?  Why do they let her do this? 

On the other hand - or foot if you will -- people do t his all the time in stores so why not on the Q?

Esteemed Contributor

Not just Jane, but the models. Who gets those shoes afterward? They can't package them up and sell them to us, can they?

Jane is very happy doing the shoe selling. Maybe the vendors give her the shoes gratis.

Honored Contributor

I don't think we get the stuff that has been on air unless we purchase an "as is" item.  I believe these are customer returns and "on air" items.

Respected Contributor

Yep - the other shoppping networks do it too.  Ugh - Woman Frustrated

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Trusted Contributor

I would much rather have shoes that a host or models have worn - I'm talking about as-is purchases-, then go into a store where you select the shoes yourself. & don't know how they were tried on before you.  I have gotten several pairs of as is, & without exception, they have been very clean.  Of course, if someone wears a pair, gets them dirty & returns them to Q,  that's a different story.

Esteemed Contributor

If Q was concerned about what offends their customers Shawn would have been long gone.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoonAgree.  I think what the hosts and models wear becomes a cost doing business -  sold either AS IS or given as incentives to the personnel.

I also would feel more confident of getting "clean" product here than in any store where the shoes sit out for any passing customer to try on.  I've even been in shoe stores in the past two years where no protective sox were poffered at all even when the clerk was bringing me shoes to try.

And for sure, a huge percentage of what hangs on any sale rack has been tried on and thrown to the floor in many stores.

Respected Contributor

I am truly sorry this bothers you and I do understand your point of view, but for me it isn't even a blip on the radar screen of things I give a hoot about. 

Honored Contributor

It bothers me also, but on a scale of 1 to 10, it's maybe a 6.

I've always been told that feet are very clean, compared to fingernails, for example.

I always use the footies in the store when trying on, or I bring my own socks.

I also shop at a higher end shoe store, not one of those cheap places.

I know, weird.

@LOVEMYFURBABY