Super Contributor

How may hours now have these bags been on?

Enough already!
Valued Contributor

Re: How may hours now have these bags been on?

Never enough of Dooney.

Super Contributor

I think it's the usual Dooney weekend marathon. Peter Dooney may have stipulated in his contract for X number of presentations per month, but then again who really knows. The Dooney girls are loving it. The bag colors this year are outstanding!
Respected Contributor

Sorry, morning gloy, but you can get too much of anything, including ice cream & Dooney.

I like nice handbags and enjoy an occasional Dooney show; but I've seen the same bags on over and over again, and I think at this point if you can't show something new, give it a rest.

Apparently the bags aren't selling as fast as they would like, so I guess they just keep putting the same things on over and over hoping to catch a new audience. A254338 has been on so often I've memorized the pattern. Now it's on clearance with five EP's. I know I must have seen this bag shown six or seven times.

When they show what they refer to as a new bag, it seems to sell quickly, especially in the best colors. Some new merchandise, please!

Honored Contributor

Face it, QVC now rotates virtually all programming among but a handful of brands. It's what they do these days and it's boring. Think about it, Dooney, Dell, Vitamix, Dyson, Philosophy and a few others now account for the vast majority of the programming. The only one of these of interest to me IS Dooney but frankly, even I am sick of seeing them. It might be different if they unveiled new bags every week but they don't, so like most QVC programming these days, it's the same thing over and over, for example the Logo Lock, which is always presented and I would have sworn that OTO last night had been an OTO before, but I guess they claim that can't happen... Either way, I watched a bit here and there, but skipped most of it... I'm not a big fan of Jill's anyway and I just had no interest in seeing those handbags yet again.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I only saw one Dooney show on yesterday for two hours?? That's far less than most of the stuff they have on constantly - Wen, David in the Kitchen, etc. I'd rather watch Dooney.

Super Contributor

i like doney show.

Honored Contributor

I take it you're not a bag lady.

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/21/2014 stevieb said:

Face it, QVC now rotates virtually all programming among but a handful of brands. It's what they do these days and it's boring. Think about it, Dooney, Dell, Vitamix, Dyson, Philosophy and a few others now account for the vast majority of the programming. The only one of these of interest to me IS Dooney but frankly, even I am sick of seeing them. It might be different if they unveiled new bags every week but they don't, so like most QVC programming these days, it's the same thing over and over, for example the Logo Lock, which is always presented and I would have sworn that OTO last night had been an OTO before, but I guess they claim that can't happen... Either way, I watched a bit here and there, but skipped most of it... I'm not a big fan of Jill's anyway and I just had no interest in seeing those handbags yet again.

I totally agree with everything you said. I buy a lot from QVC (and really very little from anyplace else). But it is the same stuff over and over and over again. I need to just stop watching so much. But I always want to know what the TSV is, and watch the brands that I do like to see if there is anything new.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Super Contributor

On 6/21/2014 brewhaha said:

I take it you're not a bag lady.

LOL!!