Esteemed Contributor

Re: How many pairs of sneakers do you own?

I have 2 pairs Ryka suede, 3 pairs Ryka leather, 1 pair Rockport white leather , 1 pair Propet blue leather. 2 nights ago when Leilani was on with the TSV Ryka Lace-Up Walking Shoes, CSS technology, she said we should buy sneakers around every 6 months. Well - my shoes are all around 7 to 9 years!!!! I have lots of clogs also. I ordered the navy blue/pink Ryka TSV - $48. Ryka's aren't made as well as in the past -- lots of sizing and material issues - so I was very hesitant. I'll be receiving them around January 11th - and I'm hoping for the best. I would have also ordered the grey pair - so if these fit me well, I'll get one or 2 more pairs.

In the past, Ryka shoes were always comfortable and I ordered without thinking. Now - it takes a lot more to convince me. I wear 7 wide - and hate shoe shopping in the stores. 

Honored Contributor

zero........I have never worn that type of footwear

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

NONE!!!  I have lots of flip flops, Sperrys, ballet flats, boots, and heels.  I never wear sneakers, didn't realize it until I read this topic.

Super Contributor

Thanks for your posts!  I also walk for exercise and realize that it might be good to have another pair of walking/running shoes to alternate. I bought a pair of Asics that are super comfy and may get another pair.

Honored Contributor

Two, and I only wear them if I'm walking the dog. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

1 and the only time I wear them is when I walk either outside or on the treadmill. 

Trusted Contributor

I have 3 pairs of Asics and 1 pair of Danskos.

Esteemed Contributor

One pair of athletic shoes for walking.  

Respected Contributor

I have two pairs of sneakers.  HSN is a great place to buy them.  I mark them as favorites and then buy them when they go down to $15.  They're decent quality at an unbeatable price.  I took my walk with sneakers and then another time with boots this week.  It was much better in sneakers.  I could walk faster and was lighter on my feet.  They really make a difference.

Honored Contributor

I used to have like maybe 3, 4 because I only wore them to walk.  Now, with having to wear a brace and orthotics, I can't wear any other shoes!  Dang it!  I hate it!!  I have to wear them all the time.  I am hoping that some day I can start wearing other shoes.  I probably have about 10 pairs now.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin