Contributor

Houndstooth East-West Shopper

I love the Houndstooth Shopper, this is my favorite style for work. But I live in NY and I just can't see carrying this bag in the dead of winter (or even fall) with the stark white background. Wish they would have made a darker background and I would have been all over this. I kmow "anything goes" nowadays but I am surprised they did not sell this as well as the houndstooth satchel as spring/summer bags instead of introducing them in the fall/winter. Oh well, back to searching "as is" for a darker tote. Thanks for letting me vent !

Super Contributor

Re: Houndstooth East-West Shopper

I think of the ""houndstooth"" print as being synonymous with Fall but I do see your point!

Contributor

HI cgil -- I agree that the houndstooth is for fall, but I just wish they had omitted the white, it was the white that I was against, not the houndstooth. Maybe if it was reversed and the darker colors were the background. Oh well, I guess the fun is in the search; I am on a mission for a darker tote ! Thanks for replying !!

Esteemed Contributor

Ever hear of winter white?
Honored Contributor

The pattern itself, though, seems so very fall-winter to me that I personally wouldn't give it a second thought, especially when considering the colors in which this is available seem more like cool weather options. I really, really like the satchel but haven't decided whether I want it or not.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

Yes BlingQueen, I have heard of winter white but this is stark white. To me, winter white is off white, not stark white. Of course, this is simply my opinion, thanks for replying !

Honored Contributor

Houndstooth screams fall and winter to me, I think the print is very nice if I was interested in a houndstooth bag.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I really like the look of it but could never buy it being an Auburn fan (Bama fans love the houndstooth!) It seems to be very popular this season. I was out shopping at Steinmart this morning and saw several different shawls and jackets in the houndstooth pattern.