Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

Another vote for LL Bean's "Wicked Good Slippers".  I have two pairs that I've had for years.  Still going strong.

Those are cute!

Esteemed Contributor

L.L. Bean slippers. The best!!

Honored Contributor

I swear by and have been wearing Acorn spa wrap slippers for several years now. Here's their blue:

Women's Spa Wrap Slippers -Powder BlueThese have soles that do allow for going outside.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Help For Warm Slippers

[ Edited ]

@Stardust2  I've been buying my warm, natural slippers from Overland Sheepskin Co. for decades. They may be expensive at first, but they last for many years. In this case, "you get what you pay for!"

Certainly not replaced each year or every other year in my case. I buy two pair so I don't wear the same pair two evenings in a row (just like shoes). Well worth the money.

ETA: I do wear mine outside to take the trash to the curb in all kinds of weather. They are natural suede on the outside, sheepskin on the inside which is toasty warm (and wicks away moisture) and have a good sole. No problem!

I wear the slip-ons; but Overland has a variety of styles and colors on-line.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Occasional Contributor

Like everyone here I wear an Ugg type boot as a slipper, with socks.  But I must tell you about the greatest socks I found a few years back.  They are Kodiak hunting socks - they have them for women, not just men.  They are great - I don't know what the difference is but they keep your feet warm.  I had surgery on my toe and put ice on it.  I couldn't figure out why I couldn't FEELthe cold, until I investigated further and realized the socks were keeping it warm!

Respected Contributor

I never realized how difficult it was to find slippers with a backing. After shopping b/m stores I finally found a pair of Dearfoam slippers with fleece lining and rubber soles.They were $26.00, are easy to put on and will last a while because of the rubber soles. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Valued Contributor

I love the Vionic moccasin slippers. Very warm and the plaid is so cute!

Honored Contributor

Re: Help For Warm Slippers

[ Edited ]

Nothing keeps my feet warmer than genuine merino wool. You can find merino wool bootie slippers in a few places but generally hard to find. The merino slippers are washable. Don't these look toasty?!!

YK200leadwhitexmas__25913.1479475592.1280.1280.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Nothing keeps my feet warmer than genuine merino wool. You can find merino wool bootie slippers in a few places but generally hard to find. The merino slippers are washable. Don't these look toasty?!!

YK200leadwhitexmas__25913.1479475592.1280.1280.jpg

@SilleeMee  - these are GREAT! Where did you buy them? 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Stardust2 

"Wicked Good Slippers" from L.L. Bean.

I have these moccasins.

Women's Wicked Good Moccasins, Plaid

They have nice tread too.

Women's Wicked Good Moccasins, Plaid

@lolakimono - I bought mine at the end of last season. I was able to find them in my size, in red, which I love. However, I never wore them because my other ones wouldn't wear out. The other day, I found the box and I was so excited. It was like a gift! 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett