Super Contributor

Re: General Handbag Question Regarding Brightly Colored Bags

I tend to stick with classic styles in neutral colors. I don't have a lot of disposable income so my handbag purchases must last a long time. While I'd love a bright color or unusual style, I just don't have the money for it.

Honored Contributor

I tend to stick mostly with neutrals too, but even though neither the bag nor brand pictured is for me, I do occasionally pick up a pretty color bag. When carrying it, I do try to dress in coordinating colors or neutrals, though I'm not obsessive about it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Occasional Contributor

On 3/12/2014 12andcounting said:
On 3/11/2014 stylistwannabe said:

I have always only carried black , nude, taupe colored bags also and like you was really attracted to color this season, actually that beautiful blue you picked out is my pick too! I picked up a Rachel Zoe Hutton Satchel in Off Saks for 65% percent off in that amazing blue. I only wear ivory, black and jeans and I've been trying my bag with it each day when I get dressed (bringing it out into the world in April lol) and I love it! I'm out of my comfort zone and I think I'm gonna be ok! The bag you chose is beautiful and if you do decide to get it , I hope you love it!! PS I went really crazy and picked up a blue scarf too! One baby step at a time....lol

I'm glad to hear you are okay out of your comfort zone!Smile I'm hoping I will be, too. Thanks so much for your response!! It's nice to hear from others on these issues.

It was nice that you asked a question I could really relate to at the moment! Did you order?, would really love to know. Hope you enjoy & find something you love for Spring!

Esteemed Contributor

I like the 'pop' of color bags because I wear a lot of neutrals. I grew so weary of this long winter that I recently changed my handbag to a Fossil bag that is a coated, canvass print. Matching print cosmetic bag and billfold. I'm having fun with it and get lots of compliments. The day I began carrying it, the sun came out and the temperature rose. It's true! The power of a handbag...

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

I agree, if you wear mostly neutrals you can use color bags to "brighten" your wardrobe. Love the color btw! For you pink challenged ladies....grey, black and tan are perfect clothing colors for a pink bag. Throw on a pink bracelet, watch or necklace to complete. You can do this with many bright colors.
#IAmTeamWen
Honored Contributor

I think that bag would look fine with almost everything. I'm currently wearing a blue bag labeled as ""indigo"" blue with many more colors than I would have imagined.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I do have some neutral bags but I also love colors. I've got a bright blue Chi that I carry with certain outfits. I don't carry something like that with everything; I want my bag to go with my outfit.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/12/2014 stylistwannabe said:
I'm glad to hear you are okay out of your comfort zone!Smile I'm hoping I will be, too. Thanks so much for your response!! It's nice to hear from others on these issues.

It was nice that you asked a question I could really relate to at the moment! Did you order?, would really love to know. Hope you enjoy & find something you love for Spring!

I'm going to go to my local mall this weekend just to make sure I don't see something I'd rather have, but this one is definitely calling my name. Hopefully I won't come back home and find that this one is already gone. I do love the look of this bag -- at least online. Obviously I tend to be like some of the other ladies here who have stated that they like for their bags to go with what they are wearing. But honestly, I see women all the time carrying what I think is a beautiful colored bag -- and they have absolutely nothing on that matches the color of the bag. It never bothers me -- I just think what a pretty bag! Thanks for your good wishes.

Trusted Contributor

I carried a bright blue B Mak for about a minute...until it rained and bled all over me.

I went back to my favorite..Coach and the last one a purchased was out of my black/brown/gray comfort zone. This one is a very saturated bright cobalt. I just love it!

I've thought about carrying a lighter pastel purse but always feared how a bag like that would stay clean looking especially since I'm not delicate with my handbags.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/13/2014 kjohnson said:

I carried a bright blue B Mak for about a minute...until it rained and bled all over me.

I went back to my favorite..Coach and the last one a purchased was out of my black/brown/gray comfort zone. This one is a very saturated bright cobalt. I just love it!

I've thought about carrying a lighter pastel purse but always feared how a bag like that would stay clean looking especially since I'm not delicate with my handbags.

Oh, goodness. I hope that wouldn't happen with this bag. Sorry to hear that happened to you. Was your bag about the same color as the one I'm considering?