Trusted Contributor

Re: General Handbag Question Regarding Brightly Colored Bags

I'm usually one to favor black and taupe bags, but the brighter colors have really been calling my name. I think I would get a lot of use out of that beautiful blue bag and I've also been considering a red bag for spring/summer.

Regular Contributor

Get it, it's a very nice bag. I have a bright pink bag that I use during the summer and I don't worry if it matches my clothing. I like the bag, so I use it.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/11/2014 jackyl said:

Get it, it's a very nice bag. I have a bright pink bag that I use during the summer and I don't worry if it matches my clothing. I like the bag, so I use it.

I think I'm leaning more towards getting it. Thanks for your advice, jackyl.

I really appreciate all of the responses!!

Super Contributor

I just ordered a Tig tote in this color. I hope it's not too bright, so "yes" I would carry this Bmak in blue, but totally understand the reservations :-)
Honored Contributor

My favorite color for summer accessories is a pale, butter yellow. Think about it...what color will it not coordinate with? Secondly, I like turquoise bags and shoes. I have a lot of turquoise clothing and jewelry. You can make yourself crazy trying to match shades, so I don't worry about it. Everything blends together.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

I have always only carried black , nude, taupe colored bags also and like you was really attracted to color this season, actually that beautiful blue you picked out is my pick too! I picked up a Rachel Zoe Hutton Satchel in Off Saks for 65% percent off in that amazing blue. I only wear ivory, black and jeans and I've been trying my bag with it each day when I get dressed (bringing it out into the world in April lol) and I love it! I'm out of my comfort zone and I think I'm gonna be ok! The bag you chose is beautiful and if you do decide to get it , I hope you love it!! PS I went really crazy and picked up a blue scarf too! One baby step at a time....lol

Esteemed Contributor

I am color phobic. I like colorful touches (shells and scarves etc.) with my neutrals, but I have trouble with prints and brights. All those years in banker's black, gray and navy in San Francisco.

What I have found is metallic. Just a blush and dash of interest. I ordered this QVC Tig on EZ pay. Rose metallic and oyster. Stepping out for spring/ summer !!

Tignanello Pebble Leather Color-Block Perfect Pockets Hobo

Trusted Contributor

On 3/11/2014 stylistwannabe said:

I have always only carried black , nude, taupe colored bags also and like you was really attracted to color this season, actually that beautiful blue you picked out is my pick too! I picked up a Rachel Zoe Hutton Satchel in Off Saks for 65% percent off in that amazing blue. I only wear ivory, black and jeans and I've been trying my bag with it each day when I get dressed (bringing it out into the world in April lol) and I love it! I'm out of my comfort zone and I think I'm gonna be ok! The bag you chose is beautiful and if you do decide to get it , I hope you love it!! PS I went really crazy and picked up a blue scarf too! One baby step at a time....lol

I'm glad to hear you are okay out of your comfort zone!Smile I'm hoping I will be, too. Thanks so much for your response!! It's nice to hear from others on these issues.

Respected Contributor

On 3/11/2014 12andcounting said:
On 3/11/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

I would carry that blue bag with just about everything. I think it would be beautiful with neutrals as well as pastels and brights. Pink, light blue, yellow, green, prints. I don't think there's much that it wouldn't look good with.

Thanks again, Red. You know you're pushing me over the edge, right?{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Oh goodie. Take that plunge!

You have nothing to lose. Carry it for 30 days and I bet you love it and get a lot of compliments. If you just can't get used to the color return it, but you'll never know if you don't. I've stared at the photo so many times even I'm ready to order it. LOL Order it. Carry it. Enjoy it.

Honored Contributor

I look at them, I love them and then I don't buy them. I think to myself that they don't go with enough things, which things am I going to wear them with, will I change purses after I get them and that they cost alot for a once in awhile purchase. I still want them though. Crazy way if thinking, I know, but that's just how my mind works.