Valued Contributor

I love the new Fyre boots but the price. I have my original pair of Fyre's I bought in 1975. They cost me about $80, which was a lot for a poor student. They have been resoled and look great. I have 4 daughters and a couple of them have even worn them. Glad I held on to them. 

Honored Contributor

I had the tall Fyre boots too back in the 70's and although they were cool looking boots they were not comfortable. I did not keep my boots, I gave them to a friends daughter who wanted a pair and could not afford them. I hope the Frye boots they make today have more comfort built into them.

Honored Contributor

I loved my Frye boots from back in the day , I wish that I still had them.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

Mine were very comfortable. I agree for the price they cost today, they should be very comfy!!

Honored Contributor

@mare54Agree -  they should be, but I have yet to find that price in shoes and boots guarantees comfort.  I really wish it did -  I love some of the stylsh footwear, but my feet and back rebel!

Frequent Contributor

I bought a pair of Frye boots this year that retailed for $500. I bought them in May when they were on sale for $299. Frye had a Mother's Day coupon for $50 off, and I ordered them online through ebates when they were offering 15% cash back. So they ended up costing me just over $210. There are bargains to be had out there!!! 

Respected Contributor

I still have mine.

Valued Contributor

I had a pair back in the day also. I would like a new pair but now I need a wide calf and they don't make them very wide.

Beckyblu

Honored Contributor

I have been eyeing them again myself lately after wearing them in the mid to late 70's in Jr. and into my Sr. high years with my gouchos ect.  I so loved the boot back then but I really do not have any memory of why I stopped wearing them around 1980 or so when I graduated high school.  I like the purses they are doing now but just have not bought anything yet.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

JJill.com has a few pairs on sale.  40% off today.