Respected Contributor

I see they are selling them tonight on Q2. They look nice but very expensive. Anybody would say whether they’re worth the price? I’ve never tried. 

Respected Contributor

I wore frye boots 40 years ago so they have been around for a while and they are beautifully made.

But you need to know how to get in and out of them and I would suggest if anybody buys a pair, go to YouTube or Google how to get in and out of cowboy boots. There is definitely a method.

Honored Contributor

I don't know what the boots are like today, but I had a pair of their tall boots back in 1975 when they were made in the states. They were great looking boots, but they were not comfortable and they were very expensive way back then. The foot bed I remember was very hard and there was no breaking them in.I was in my 20's back then when not much bothered me, but I still remember how uncomfortable those boots were.LOL

Honored Contributor

I had tall Frye boots in the 70’s when I was in college. I wore the heck out of them.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx 

I have two pairs.

I got them from 6pm.com, which has better pricing.  I usually get a 7 in boots (I wear a 6.5) but in these I get a 6.5.

Contributor

They used to be uncomfortable but they are pretty great now. I just got a pair last month and they’re very pliable. I always order up a half size in all boots. 

Trusted Contributor

@Grouchomarx   I bought a pair from Nordstrom almost 3 years ago.  They are fantastic & worth the price.  The leather is gorgeous & seems to get better with age.  One thing I was not prepared for was the weight - you really feel the heaviness of the boots after a while.  Mine are also a half size larger as I like to wear them with a thick sock.  I think you will be pleased with your purchase.

Valued Contributor

I still have my Frye boots from 1974-75. I loved them! And I paid about $75 for mine. Differently got my money’s worth! Have 4 daughters and none of them would wear them. Oh well their loss.  

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx    Years ago I own Frye before their name went to their head.  I feel they are extremely overpriced in shoes, boots and handbags.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I love the quality of Frye boots, they last forever.  As I mentioned in another post, I buy mine at Marshall's for half the price the Q is selling them for.