Regular Contributor

I wear a larger shoe due to ankle foot orthotic Cat Frustrated and it is so difficult to find shoes that fit and dont look like Boats that need an Oar!!

I have had high top Reeboks that are Perfect but have had for years.  They fit so perfect and even are one size smaller than what I have to get now. I guess sizes have changed in this brand!

I am SO frustrated that the SO Called Classic Orginal are SO NOT that at all. They are Very Narrow and the sole is different.Woman Indifferent

Even writing them didnt matter one bit.  The thing is too, all of the Reviews on the Reebok site are Bad and say the same thing about how narrow they are.

The OTHER pet peeve is Nowdays so many many sneakers are made of knit and other material that has NO support. They dont work for me. Wish they did.

Does anyone have any ideas where to find a flattering sneaker/walking shoe that doesnt look like a Boat in a larger size and comes in wide too??!!!    Man Wink

If we all had the same opinion or everyone was the same. the world would be a very boring place!
Valued Contributor

I don't know if Easy Spirit is something you are interested in,but you can check that out and other brands at Maryland Square. They have wide widths.

Honored Contributor

In the course of the history of the world what difference does it make whether you've got big feet or small?  I wear a size 11 and there's not a darn thing I can do about it.  I'm just glad I can walk.  Ask the person who has to use a wheelchair if she'd mind having big feet if she could walk. 

You can minimize the effect of your shoe size by choosing a dark color and a style that has a band, strap or seam that goes across the foot at the arch and breaks up the long line of the length.  Not being terribly concerned about my big feet, I often select bright colors and have several pairs of red shoes.  To heck what people think; I wear what makes me happy and get compliments on my shoes.  I doubt others notice your foot size nearly as much as you think. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I absolutely understand what you are saying.  I actually like change because it often brings improvements BUT changing things just to change them, or to keep employees employed (thinking IT personnel making new/improved apps or websites) that end up being user unfriendly and frustrating .... I have to say something too.  

I've found great changes in shoes and I'm an off the rack size 9M with usually no problems at all.  I've sent back more shoes in the last six years than I ever did on the Q... to the point that I've stopped buying shoes.

When you find a product that has been absoutely perfect in every way for years, and you're even willing to spend more money on them as years go by and then they change them (usually with less and cheaper materials), it's frustrating.

But the manufacturers will usually hear about it from the customers, at least the customers who remember good solid manufacturing with excellent materials and sometimes it behooves them to change back...

Remember Classic Coke versus the new version? Phooey.....  

Good luck to you!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is calling out another poster.

Esteemed Contributor

@HouseMouse wrote:

I wear a larger shoe due to ankle foot orthotic Cat Frustrated and it is so difficult to find shoes that fit and dont look like Boats that need an Oar!!

I have had high top Reeboks that are Perfect but have had for years.  They fit so perfect and even are one size smaller than what I have to get now. I guess sizes have changed in this brand!

I am SO frustrated that the SO Called Classic Orginal are SO NOT that at all. They are Very Narrow and the sole is different.Woman Indifferent

Even writing them didnt matter one bit.  The thing is too, all of the Reviews on the Reebok site are Bad and say the same thing about how narrow they are.

The OTHER pet peeve is Nowdays so many many sneakers are made of knit and other material that has NO support. They dont work for me. Wish they did.

Does anyone have any ideas where to find a flattering sneaker/walking shoe that doesnt look like a Boat in a larger size and comes in wide too??!!!    Man Wink

I buy AP1 Easy Spirit sneakers.... they come in W and WW(which i wear)...................they are comfortable and come in quite a few colors....they are leather (although they do come in canvas options...

Esteemed Contributor

I want to suggest visiting The Walking Company store. Make a visit to one of their bricks and mortar stores and look at their Abeo shoe line. They also have a website to see what they have.

Regular Contributor

Thank you for all replies!  I will check some of the suggestions out.

The one thing is that I have a pair of Ryka Charisma from QVC that fits perfectly and doesnt look like a boat at all!!

which is discontinued and cant be found anywhere. It is not the style that is called Charisma that is out now. It was what they had several years ago.  New style is so different.

No one should make assumptions as I have a Family Member in a Wheelchair for 20 years!! So I do understand what you are saying.

If we all had the same opinion or everyone was the same. the world would be a very boring place!
Honored Contributor

I know Clarks has quite a few different styles.  They had one on a one day only for $45.  Check it out.  I wear a size 10 and I don't care what anyone thinks.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@HouseMouse

I also hate those knit shoes. I'm still wearing my old Rykas leather and suede tennis shoes. I suggest u contact Zappos dot com or call them. Hopefully they could give u suggestions - and if the shoes don't work out, it's free to return. If u have a local shoe store where u could try on shoes - that would be best. Shoes sizings have changed drastically over the last several years --- they were cheapened also.